ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:03 PM
DrSpaceman DrSpaceman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 212
Thanked 674 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
After doing some key term searches, I cannot find any evidence that the Colts every talked to Campbell or Bouye. I can find a lot of sports news articles saying things like "a good fit for xxxx is the Colts" but not anything that actually says we were talking to them.

I am not saying that we were not talking to them, but I find no evidence that we were.

Anyway, I think the 2019 off-season will be different because he is/has established the team's identity this season. Regardless of our ending record (which I now think will be around 8 wins), this team's identity will be established on:

Offense: Luck, Hilton, Doyle, Ebron, AC, Nelson, Kelly, Smith, Hines and Wilkins.

Defense: Hunt (assuming he is re-signed), Sheard, Turay, Leonard, Walker, Hooker (I am not sold on any of the CBs as a long term solution).

I expect us to add at least a couple of higher priced free agents (CB and WR especially) this season to help fill in the holes. If Ballard sits on his pile of money again, I will be very surprised.

Walk Worthy,
I asked this in the offseason, and it seems the rule is based over a number of years, not a single year, but still, at some point Ballard will have to spend more money just to meet the salary cap minimum. You can't consistently be $50 million under the cap.

Nor would it make any sense to do so long term.

There will still be plenty of holes to fill this offseason and you could still almost pick a group and add to it with FA money for upgrading.

DL, OL, LBer, WRs, secondary.......any of them.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.