![]() |
|
|
#31
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm very excited about the season. I've found the off-season conversation pretty fucking amusing as it's nearly a mirror of last season's. Same as last year, I anticipate a similar schizophrenic shift in tone once the season starts.
There's always been outcome bias with a lot of guys. I don't know how many times I've made the poker analogy here. But the past 8-9 months has been a fascinating - impressive even - display of hindsight bias. The broader sentiment going into the season was a totally mid roster that will win 8 games. Then at 7-1 and after torching the #2 and #5 defenses and going toe to toe with the Rams... It became, "Oh, the roster has been good the whole time. We just needed stable, competent QB play." And then after Jones goes down and we're at 8-9 it was, "See? 8 wins like I said from the beginning." As if not having your starting QB, backup QB, best pass rusher, best CB, and newly acquired even better CB, etc., was all part of that pre-season equation. I've heard of some radicals who argue that these are important positions. |
| The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post: | ||
Racehorse (08-04-2026) | ||
|
#32
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a** |
|
#33
|
||||
|
||||
|
o
'It's Nuts !!!!' ...... Bill Simmons Rips Colts Owner Carlie Irsay-Gordon for Her Sideline Behavior (By Andrew Holleran) https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/nu...182722845.html Bill Simmons, founder of The Ringer and Grantland, is done hiding his feelings on Indianapolis Colts owner Carlie Irsay-Gordon and her sideline behavior. Irsay-Gordon, who took over running the Colts for her late father, Jim Irsay, is consistently making headlines for standing on the sideline during games. She stands on the sideline and takes notes. She's been spotted at times wearing a headset, too. NFL teams typically only have a certain number of available headsets, so when she does this, she's taking away the headset from a member of the coaching staff or team. Simmons believes that it's "nuts" that Irsay-Gordon is still doing this. "I'm not going to tip-toe around this anymore ...... and I know that it's been a topic for the last couple of weeks ...... I think that the owner on the sidelines taking notes is fucking nuts. I think it's nuts !!! I think that it's bonkers !!!" Simmons ranted on his latest podcast, according to Awful Announcing. "I can't believe that she does this, and I can't believe people in her life haven't talked her out of it. "And now there's this push of like, 'Oh, no, no, she's really into it.' If a male owner was doing this, we would be ridiculing this guy until the cows come home ...… we would think that it was so fucking funny if some rich guy, male owner was on the sideline with a notebook hovering over and giving advice to the coach. Even Jerry Jones wouldn't do that !!! And Irsay's daughter is doing it, and we're like, 'Oh, yeah, well, you know, she cares about the team.' Why are we making excuses for how weird this is ???" Irsay-Gordon has defended her decisions in the past. However, it's fair to suggest that if Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft started doing this every Sunday, it would be a No. 1 story on ESPN every morning. For now, the Colts owner appears to be avoiding mainstream media criticism for her sideline behavior. Colts Owner Defends Her Sideline Behavior Irsay-Gordon previously defended her decision making on the sideline. "I think that one of the things that I learned in going through, even as far back as when we hired Chuck Pagano in 2012, is that that sort of accelerated my, 'I need to learn more about this,'" Irsay-Gordon told the Colts' official website in June of 2025. "'I need to be able to say, is this person full of BS ??? Do they even know what they're talking about ??? And I think that one of the things that being on the headset has really helped me learn is to the question earlier, it's such a complex organism of a football team and how it operates." The Colts improved to 2-2 on the year with a win over the Commanders in London on Sunday. o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck |
|
#34
|
|||
|
|||
|
First, fuck Bill Simmons.
The only problem with Carly on the sidelines is we are losing. When we were winning it was cool. She has her own way of leading. Her on the sidlines is the least of the Colts issues. |
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post: | ||
|
#35
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post: | ||
|
#36
|
|||
|
|||
|
It's interesting that Simmons extricated himself from Bob Krafts' asshole long enough to make a comment about another teams' owner.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
|
|
#37
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
You know what would be pretty amazing ??? If 30 years from now, almost all of the team owners in the NFL were doing what Carlie Irsay-Gordon is currently doing so that they would know their asses from their elbows in regard to what the coaches that they hired are actually doing, and how well they are doing it ...... what she is doing in order to educate herself (and also to use as potential mitigating factors as to whether or not the Colts' success or failure is largely due to coaching inadequacy or player inadequacy) could become a "thing" someday, and people like Bill Simmons will look even more obnoxious, judgmental, and arrogant than they already do now. o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck |
![]() |
|
|