ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14  
Old 08-05-2026, 05:47 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,623
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
And that will be great....for the 12 or so odd games that he plays in give or take a couple.

And then when we lose most of the rest because we are not a good enough team to win without superior QB play and either miss the playoffs or limp into the playoffs and are 1-and-done....

Sorry, I will LOVE to have to eat crow on this but DJ is just not the guy who can bring it home for us.

I know, I know. We have no better options. I understand that and given the same situations, I would probably have done exactly what Ballard did in signing him to the two year contract but I don't think he is the guy.

I hope he proves me wrong this season....but I don't think he will.
Statistically most of what you're saying here is true. The one part I don't agree with is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
And then when we lose most of the rest because we are not a good enough team to win without superior QB play and either miss the playoffs or limp into the playoffs and are 1-and-done....
The problem I have with this is that Steichen has produced a Top 10 scoring offense in 2 of his 3 years here, and did it with QBs that no one would describe as "superior". As long as Steichen has a QB that will give his offense a semblance of consistency and sustainability (see: not 2024 Anthony Richardson), I would say the offense would perform well enough in those situations that, given an average opponent in the 5 games in the scenario you laid out, the Colts would have a good chance of winning 2-3. Ideally in that sceanrio, that would be enough to at least make the postseason and hope Jones is back.

I fully agree with you that none of this is ideal, but I don't think the downfall of this team would be a losing streak caused by a Daniel Jones high ankle sprain (or insert whatever injury here that takes ~5 weeks recovery).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.