ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #33  
Old 01-07-2025, 01:25 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
I’m not suggesting, for a moment, that you reward him with a fat, long term deal. I recognize that he isn’t a strength, that he’ll eventually have to be replaced. But, I have other, more immediate, priorities I want to address before I get around to LB. Sign him to a chump change contract, draft a guy in the 4th round, and let him, Carlies, and the draft choice compete for the starting position in camp.
IMO the culture of the franchise is likely a bigger issue currently than even the talent level. To change the culture you are going to have to change a decent amount of the players, especially considering the top two supposed leaders of the team are returning (GM and HC). And you have to start showing some accountability. Resigning him even to a chump change contract isn’t accountability. That makes it an easy call to replace Speed, I’m not worried about a slight drop in performance at the position if it means helping change the culture.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.