ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #27  
Old 08-22-2022, 05:46 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,461
Thanks: 23,323
Thanked 5,985 Times in 3,409 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Sure, I do, too. It was just an interesting thought you gave me.

Magic Johnson and TY Hilton go by nicknames, but because they always have, there was never any mixup with the public.

In contrast, Ali and Kareem actually legally changed their names, but had a lot more mixup because the public knew them as superstars under different names. I think Leonard is getting that same kind of mixup now. The public for the past five seasons saw a perennial All-Pro and fan-favorite come up under the name Darius.
The announcers do a great job of adapting to the change. Not me. Every time they say Shaquille Leonard, I have to think. As the season progresses, and I hear it more, it will be easier. until then, I will refer to him as the Maniac.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.