ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 08-22-2022, 10:45 AM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,842
Thanks: 3,118
Thanked 3,109 Times in 1,426 Posts
Default

Do you think Ehlinger makes the final 53? I will say yes. My opinion of the guy has done a 180. Last year I didn't think he was physically able to play the position in the NFL. You don't need a gun to play QB in the NFL (Montana, Brady, Starr and Unitas didn't have the strongest arms but were more than able to compensate with their mental approach) but you do need a 'head'. This guy has the head according to everyone. Last year his arm was weak and inaccurate. He has improved both over one preseason. As we well know, finding a QB is a bitch in the NFL. You cannot afford to let one, even one with as long a shot at Ehlinger, slip through your fingers. I have no idea what his upside is, neither does anyone else on this board. His upside was miserable because of his arm. If he can improve accuracy as well as strength we just might have a gem. Ballard kept Patmon on the 53 for several years and he added absolutely zilch (one great TD I know) to this offense. I think he keeps Ehlinger. I don't have rose colored glasses, I know it is a long shot. I would say that us drafting a sure thing at QB is even a longer shot considering where we will usually
be drafting.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (08-22-2022), Racehorse (08-22-2022), Spike (08-22-2022)
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.