ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 10-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I'm talking more in game. being conservative and not showing anything
I feel like a few of the looks they've used and plays they've run have been too put them on film so they can use the same setup in a later game to catch a team off guard and get a big play. That said, going back and watching the game again, I was shocked at how little the Colts used playaction against the Bears, especially watching how quick their defense was to come up and fill vs. the run (the Bears would typically have 9-10 guys in the box by the time the handoff was completed on a run play). In fact, I can't remember a play in that game where the Colts used playaction, thinking about it now. I wonder if this was to set up some future opponent, or just a missed opportunity on Reich's part. Playaction against a team biting that hard on the run is usually devastating. Also, as a random side note, I think on one of the 3 plays where the Colts had first and goal from the 3, they should've tried a screen or a shovel pass, especially considering how that sequence went. I think either option would've been more effective.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.