ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 08-25-2019, 10:48 AM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,673
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I think a mediocre talent QB can run Reichs offense, and Frank will make a few minor adjustments to shadow Jacoby's strong assets. Are we going to win a Super-Bowl, or even make the playoffs? Doubtful, but I am a Colts fan and we can only cheer what is out there. 0-16, 8-8 or 3-13 doesn't matter. Jim, unlike Bob Irsay has proven he will spend money to win. He wants a dynasty more than he wants more money. Ballard has done a tremendous job building this roster to play with an elite QB, or a mediocre QB. Tampa won a SB with Brad fucking Johnson. They did it with a dominating team in every aspect but QB.
Yeah more and more I believe Ballard and Reich are the exact guys you would want at the wheel right now. I don't think I have ever been this high on a Colts Defense. There are playmakers at every level of that D, and on a couple levels there might be 3/4 of them. If they can stay healthy I think this is a D where you don't have to force bad passes in 3/8 situations that go the other way, throw it OOB and let the D get it back.

Sadly because of some prior horrible decisions at the administrative and coaching levels we as a fan-base of become conditioned that you have to have a 1st ballot HOF QB to win in this league- your TB example is spot on and look at Baltimore with Flacco. Are we on that level yet, probably not but I am not sure we aren't real close now. Healthy, Darius Leonard may be a Lewis or Brooks type of iconic player that elevates the whole team to greatness.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (08-25-2019)
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.