ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #22  
Old 04-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 8,533
Thanks: 2,236
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
It depends on context. I’m guessing a lot of you guys are referring to stand up comedians, and most of the "great" ones like Richard Pryor and George Carlin are dead. Perhaps in 20 years, the current crop of stand ups will be seen as classics, I don’t know. I’ve personally never been a huge fan of the genre.

In the context of movies, though, Richard Pryor flat out sucked. There can be no dispute on this point. Stir Crazy was decent, but everything else was total Sucksville. He had a worse batting average than Nicholas Cage.

I certainly won’t argue that Sandler has a 1.000 batting average himself, far from it, but all I can say is that I’ve laughed a lot harder during my 10+ viewings of Happy Gilmore than I ever did during Caddyshack.
So basically what you are saying is that you are young. And didn’t see both generations. I can tell you without any hesitation Sandler does not belong in the same sentence as the likes of Rodney and Prior. Hell Chevy Chase has had a better movie career than Sandler. Eddie Murphy has too. Sandlers not as good as you think he is. He’s ok. But most of his stuff is stupid

Again. I am assuming you are in your 20-30s. Am I correct?
__________________
Gonna win it all.
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.