ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 01-29-2019, 03:34 PM
sherck's Avatar
sherck sherck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 4,011
Thanks: 2,778
Thanked 1,699 Times in 731 Posts
Default

PFF had Glowinski rated as the 10th best OG this season. I think that is probably a bit high but I do think he was a quality starting OG during 2018 so I would probably rate him somewhere between 15 and 35. For comparision, they rated Nelson the 4th best OG in the league.

His $6m cap hit for 2019 would currently be tied with Zack Martin (DAL) and Joe Bitonio (CLE) for 16th / 17th / 18th highest in the league.

I think he is getting paid pretty well for a starting OG with one year of quality service under his belt. I think this is both a fair price and a great move by Ballard.

Not to toon my own horn (which I am totally doing), from the "Colts Own Free Agents" thread:
Quote:
- OG Mark Glowinski (27). My top free agent re-signing priority as he has really found a home in Indy. Rated the #10 OG by PFF, Glowinski obviously performed fantastically in our offense and I believe he has earned a veteran contract in return for both his performance and his potential to get better with a full off-season with us. Top OGs in the league are making in excess of $10m a year and while I don't think he is there, he should get paid well as I think he is a valuable building block going forward. OGs cap hits between #10 highest and #20 highest are between $7.750m and $5.450m so I think a 3-year, $18m contract at $6m a year seems about right for him. It puts him in the top half of the top paid 32 OGs in the league, is a massive upgrade in the amount of money than he has ever received previously, a nice reward for 1 year of service but also a reminder that it is only 1 year of service at top levels. He will still be able to sign another veteran contract at age 30 if he is still performing at high levels.
Ballard, give me a job!

Walk Worthy,
__________________
==============
Thad
The future is so bright; I gotta triple up!
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Chaka (01-29-2019), Dewey 5 (01-29-2019), GoBigBlue88 (01-30-2019), Oldcolt (01-29-2019), Pez (01-29-2019), Puck (01-29-2019), Racehorse (01-29-2019), smitty46953 (01-29-2019), Wyatt (01-29-2019)
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.