Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles
o
As an extremely biased observer/avid Colts fan, my first reaction to this loss to the Steelers was "This team fucking sucks. They blew a 17-point lead in a game that was of the utmost importance."
After taking a step back from the proverbial ledge, I believe that this post from Puck is more based in reality than other posts which proclaim that this loss is proof that Rivers is completely washed-up, and that the Colts are no better than an average team (neither of which I believe to be true.)
o
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoltfan
I’ve been a Colts fan since ‘57, and I can’t remember a bigger collapse. I’m sure there have been a few, but I can’t recall one. Maybe C&O or Albany can jog my memory.
|
o
5 years before I was born in 1960, this was a historically heartbreaking loss for the Colts. The "collapse" was not in terms of blowing a big lead, but rather that of throwing a game away in the final seconds ....... immediately after the Colts had seemingly pulled off a miracle comeback of their own. With only 14 seconds to play, Johnny Unitas threw what appeared to be the winning 31-yard TD pass to Lenny Moore. Moore made a leaping grab for that TD, and it looked the Colts had stolen the game from the Lions ...... until those last 14 seconds were played.
With many fans literally coming onto and crowding the field while the game was still in progress in those final 14 seconds, it was somewhat of a version of 1982's "The Play" between California and Stanford.
Lions Stun Colts with 65-Yard TD on Last Play
(By Keith Yowell)
https://fs64sports.blogspot.com/2012...5-yard-td.html
o