ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,848
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,427 Posts
Default

Nobody is a expert in who the GOAT is because there is nothing to base it on other than your opinion. I have never seen anyones win one of these arguments.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
albany ed (Today)
  #72  
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,669
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

No one has, and likely will ever, control the game at the level Peyton did. There was a period where he was essentially unstoppable. Not gonna get into all the statistical depths etc... Peyton, Michael, Tiger, those three are the unquestioned greatest of all time at what they did and it has nothing to do with stats, titles, MVP's, it has to do with the way they set a bar that others have tried to reach, and they can't.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,549
Thanks: 3,306
Thanked 3,503 Times in 1,866 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Not gonna get into all the statistical depths etc... Peyton, Michael, Tiger, those three are the unquestioned greatest of all time at what they did and it has nothing to do with stats, titles, MVP's, it has to do with the way they set a bar that others have tried to reach, and they can't.
I would say Peyton, Michael, Nicklaus, Gretzky.
__________________
"Some people just don't know when it's time to be the voice of reason and when it's time to be the voice of discontent."
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Today, 01:13 AM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,288
Thanks: 5,208
Thanked 5,557 Times in 3,373 Posts
Default

o


I would like to elaborate on the notion of comparing the opinions and analysis of experts to the opinions and analysis of some of the posters here on ColtFreaks.


I would bet a nickel that albany ed, YDFL Commish, and oldcolt all know more about Colts history ...... both Baltimore and Indianapolis ...... than Jeff Saturday and many of the experts on ESPN, the Football Network, and numerous other sports spheres/domains.

In fact, I would bet a nickel that albany ed, YDFL Commich, and oldcolt know more about ALL football history ...... the Colts and the other 31 professional football franchises ...... than many of the experts that I alluded to.


So yes, being that albany ed rhetorically asked me if I thought that some posters on a Colts fan website can be taken as seriously many experts, I would say that there are at least a good 5 or 6 posters here on ColtFreaks (including albany ed) whose analysis and viewpoint whom I would value just as much if not more than I would the cast of sportswriters/sportscaster/former players, etc whom often chime in with their opinions on football players and/or football teams.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Today, 07:00 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,129
Thanks: 337
Thanked 1,633 Times in 776 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Nobody is a expert in who the GOAT is because there is nothing to base it on other than your opinion. I have never seen anyones win one of these arguments.
Great post. And, I should have known better than to say anyone other than Peyton Manning was the GOAT on this board.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (Today)
  #76  
Old Today, 10:15 AM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,848
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,427 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Great post. And, I should have known better than to say anyone other than Peyton Manning was the GOAT on this board.
It was a great post on this board. Took balls knowing you'd get tons of shit for it. It is the most enjoyable discussion we have had on this board this shitty football year. Nobody gives a rats ass about this team this year, at least compared to years past.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Today, 10:28 AM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,288
Thanks: 5,208
Thanked 5,557 Times in 3,373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post



It was a great post on this board. Took balls knowing you'd get tons of shit for it. It is the most enjoyable discussion we have had on this board this shitty football year. l Nobody gives a rats ass about this team this year, at least compared to years past.



o


I care about this 2026 Colts team as much as I cared about any other Colts team.

Aside from the fact that caring about the Colts is in my DNA regardless of how good or bad they are (including the disastrous 2011 season, when they started out at 0-13 and finished up at 2-14), I want to see this 2026 team win at least 10 games and demonstrate that they are closer to the 2025 team that was 8-2 before Daniel Jones broke his leg in the Chiefs game than the team that went 0-6 after that Chiefs game.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.