ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-23-2023, 05:01 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
While agree wholeheartedly, it still suck for RB's that it has come to this. They have the shortest shelf life of any position within the NFL, yet take the most punishment. This is in the end a NFLPA problem.
The position will evolve. Either they become dual threat players. Or they will likely be eliminated in favor of multiple receiver looks and the QB becoming the running threat.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-23-2023, 05:05 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

The Colts have given JT till Tuesday to find a trade partner. The deadline for declaring the pup roster is coming. If he is still injured he will go on pup and miss the first four weeks.


6 teams have called enquiring. 2 teams have offered trades.

https://x.com/barstoolindy/status/16...L8ardaxv32vrGQ
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-23-2023, 05:10 PM
CletusPyle CletusPyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 4,397
Thanks: 7,181
Thanked 4,192 Times in 2,443 Posts
Default

I have a feeling he will get the trade, but I also think he has made a huge mistake!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-23-2023, 05:48 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,669
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
The Colts have given JT till Tuesday to find a trade partner. The deadline for declaring the pup roster is coming. If he is still injured he will go on pup and miss the first four weeks.


6 teams have called enquiring. 2 teams have offered trades.

https://x.com/barstoolindy/status/16...L8ardaxv32vrGQ
The Dolphins, Bills and Bears are what seem to be getting kicked around a lot with a little bit of Philly being tossed in. He would make a great component for all 3 / 4 of those offenses. Hopefully there is truth that all of them have been nibbling allowing us to push the return higher from the ultimate suitor. If someone were to give up a 1st (Phins and Bills are both clearly in a need to win it all this year mode- ala Rams model), then fuck it take it.

There's a lot of prognosticators saying we are a bottom 5-8 team this year even with him. Go 100% youth, grow through the valleys and emerge as an extremely young powerhouse with a nice 5-7 year window to do big shit.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-23-2023, 05:49 PM
Brylok's Avatar
Brylok Brylok is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,427
Thanks: 2,723
Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,270 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
The Colts have given JT till Tuesday to find a trade partner. The deadline for declaring the pup roster is coming. If he is still injured he will go on pup and miss the first four weeks.
I'm pretty sure the cutdown to 53 has to be done by Tuesday.
__________________
Soda's Picks Champion: 2014, 2016
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brylok For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (08-23-2023)
  #56  
Old 08-23-2023, 05:56 PM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,485
Thanks: 899
Thanked 3,202 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

Hope they get at least a 2nd for him.

And I’ll be very interested in seeing what his new team does contract wise.

I suspect it’s no longer about the contract for JT. IE, it’s personal at this point.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him go somewhere else and play out his contract. Then hit free agency next season.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (08-24-2023)
  #57  
Old 08-23-2023, 06:50 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I know we all talk about this, but seriously, I've never dug into it... Are players actually able to manipulate the system by doing nothing more than saying "I'm hurt"?

Can these handsomely paid team doctors not make a diagnosis that holds weight in this regard?
I found this

https://x.com/jasonthomasxl/status/1...L8ardaxv32vrGQ
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (08-23-2023), Racehorse (08-24-2023)
  #58  
Old 08-23-2023, 06:53 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Hope they get at least a 2nd for him.

And I’ll be very interested in seeing what his new team does contract wise.

I suspect it’s no longer about the contract for JT. IE, it’s personal at this point.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him go somewhere else and play out his contract. Then hit free agency next season.
I would say a second is minimum. I bet they are getting low ball offers right now.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-23-2023, 07:11 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Ha, I just listened to that a few minutes ago on the way home. I understand the concept he's talking about, but I still wonder...

Does that only work for a total holdout? Like if JT suited up for one single practice, could he "pull a hammy" or "tweak his back" in the first two minutes and now he's playing chess, too? Because now it can't be NFI, right?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-23-2023, 07:48 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Ha, I just listened to that a few minutes ago on the way home. I understand the concept he's talking about, but I still wonder...

Does that only work for a total holdout? Like if JT suited up for one single practice, could he "pull a hammy" or "tweak his back" in the first two minutes and now he's playing chess, too? Because now it can't be NFI, right?
According to him I guess so. That would be pretty bad. Not sure how that might affect his rep or if ppl care about that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.