ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2023, 12:20 PM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,917
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,082 Times in 991 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
No. Puck's service is really the way to go.

Not just for NFL football, but all sports, pro and college. Not to mention all of the premium movie channels.

I have had Pucks service for almost 2 years now, and it is the best deal by far going on for us Freaks.
yep, I'm also using it, heck we use it a lot more for streaming movies and tv shows. But it was also nice for Colts and IU b-ball games. I've had it close to 2 years too (or was it 3? its been a blur since covid)

Have not paid for cable in 8 or 9 years.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-25-2023), Spike (04-25-2023)
  #2  
Old 04-25-2023, 02:22 PM
Ironshaft Ironshaft is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 400
Thanks: 1,302
Thanked 777 Times in 262 Posts
Default

"Puck's TV Service" is really 3 Rivers Communications and they deliver a deal for $15 that is pretty hard to beat.

Each $15 subscription serves a single TV but as Cletus said, you can Picture-in-a-Picture up to four stations at once.

Each $15 subscription allows you to receive local TV channels from almost every market in the United States. Want to watch the ABC channel from Boston for its local news? No problem. How about the FOX channel from Omaha? Okay. Oh, the ABC San Diego station is not on the service but the ABC channel from LA is. Cool. It does not have every local channel everywhere but I have never failed to find the NFL game that I wanted to watch from somewhere in the local home state.

Additionally, each $15 subscription also grants you access to a library of tens of thousands of movies and thousands of TV series often with all of the seasons on them.

We call it our "Nearly free, probably illegal" TV service because sometimes, movies are on the ViewTV service the day they are released in movie theaters and episodes of shows that release on Apple TV or HBO Max or Disney+ or other pay-for-service are on the site that same day/next day. No way that is actually legal but....it is legal to me. I am paying for a service that they are providing.

Anyway, we have had it for two years on two different TVs in our house and one TV with our son while away from college one state over. All three of our TVs work great.

The ONE NOTE is that the app only works on an Amazon FireStick and not Roku. We were a Roku family to serve our viewing needs prior to getting the ViewTV service but now have both devices plugged into each of our effected TVs. The only thing we run on the FireStick (wireless connection) is the ViewTV app and we serve everything else through the Roku (wired connection) but it works for us.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-25-2023), Colts And Orioles (04-25-2023), omahacolt (04-25-2023)
  #3  
Old 04-25-2023, 03:01 PM
CletusPyle CletusPyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 4,397
Thanks: 7,181
Thanked 4,192 Times in 2,443 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post

The ONE NOTE is that the app only works on an Amazon FireStick and not Roku. We were a Roku family to serve our viewing needs prior to getting the ViewTV service but now have both devices plugged into each of our effected TVs. The only thing we run on the FireStick (wireless connection) is the ViewTV app and we serve everything else through the Roku (wired connection) but it works for us.
It also works on iPad, iPhone and Mac Book, and works very well on them! It is IPTV, I don't think any of us should speculate about the legality of the service. There are other services like it out there and they are perfectly legal to my knowledge.....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2023, 04:03 PM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 8,533
Thanks: 2,236
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
"Puck's TV Service" is really 3 Rivers Communications and they deliver a deal for $15 that is pretty hard to beat.

Each $15 subscription serves a single TV but as Cletus said, you can Picture-in-a-Picture up to four stations at once.

Each $15 subscription allows you to receive local TV channels from almost every market in the United States. Want to watch the ABC channel from Boston for its local news? No problem. How about the FOX channel from Omaha? Okay. Oh, the ABC San Diego station is not on the service but the ABC channel from LA is. Cool. It does not have every local channel everywhere but I have never failed to find the NFL game that I wanted to watch from somewhere in the local home state.

Additionally, each $15 subscription also grants you access to a library of tens of thousands of movies and thousands of TV series often with all of the seasons on them.

We call it our "Nearly free, probably illegal" TV service because sometimes, movies are on the ViewTV service the day they are released in movie theaters and episodes of shows that release on Apple TV or HBO Max or Disney+ or other pay-for-service are on the site that same day/next day. No way that is actually legal but....it is legal to me. I am paying for a service that they are providing.

Anyway, we have had it for two years on two different TVs in our house and one TV with our son while away from college one state over. All three of our TVs work great.

The ONE NOTE is that the app only works on an Amazon FireStick and not Roku. We were a Roku family to serve our viewing needs prior to getting the ViewTV service but now have both devices plugged into each of our effected TVs. The only thing we run on the FireStick (wireless connection) is the ViewTV app and we serve everything else through the Roku (wired connection) but it works for us.

Yep pretty much all correct. If you want to add additional TV's it is a lesser price for the extra TV's but not 15 each. You can watch it on as many TV's as you want. Just can't watch more TV's than your account allows at one time. So 1 TV and 1 phone at the same time you need 2 connections. 1 TV 1 phone can watch one or the other but not both at the same time

We have added a couple of more services besides ViewTv so there is even more movies series etc. Not sure what that cost is. Ashley loves View Tv so she just assumes everyone loves it.

As far as NFL football. yes you can look for the local stations in that area or use the NFL section that shows every game

Firestick is easiest. You can also use your smart TV or any android box. I actually think we can now do appletv box. I have a Nvdia android which is more expensive but has a larger processor. Most people get by perfectly with the firestick. And you don't need the 4K But the 4K movies are pretty cool

You can use your service to your smart phone ipad and watch it anywhere as long as you have internet.

Legality? Don't record it. and you'll be fine
__________________
Gonna win it all.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Puck For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-26-2023), Indystu2 (05-12-2023), NextManUp (04-27-2023), smitty46953 (04-26-2023), Spike (04-26-2023)
  #5  
Old 05-09-2023, 01:07 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,286
Thanks: 5,208
Thanked 5,557 Times in 3,373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post



Yep pretty much all correct. If you want to add additional TV's it is a lesser price for the extra TV's but not 15 each. You can watch it on as many TV's as you want. Just can't watch more TV's than your account allows at one time. So 1 TV and 1 phone at the same time you need 2 connections. 1 TV 1 phone can watch one or the other but not both at the same time

We have added a couple of more services besides ViewTv so there is even more movies series etc. Not sure what that cost is. Ashley loves View Tv so she just assumes everyone loves it.

As far as NFL football. yes you can look for the local stations in that area or use the NFL section that shows every game

Firestick is easiest. You can also use your smart TV or any android box. I actually think we can now do appletv box. I have a Nvdia android which is more expensive but has a larger processor. Most people get by perfectly with the firestick. And you don't need the 4K But the 4K movies are pretty cool

You can use your service to your smart phone ipad and watch it anywhere as long as you have internet.

Legality? Don't record it. and you'll be fine.



o


I'm sending you a private message because I would like to add the service in September, when the Colts start playing.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-07-2023, 07:27 PM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,876
Thanks: 653
Thanked 697 Times in 353 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironshaft View Post
"Puck's TV Service" is really 3 Rivers Communications and they deliver a deal for $15 that is pretty hard to beat.

Each $15 subscription serves a single TV but as Cletus said, you can Picture-in-a-Picture up to four stations at once.

Each $15 subscription allows you to receive local TV channels from almost every market in the United States. Want to watch the ABC channel from Boston for its local news? No problem. How about the FOX channel from Omaha? Okay. Oh, the ABC San Diego station is not on the service but the ABC channel from LA is. Cool. It does not have every local channel everywhere but I have never failed to find the NFL game that I wanted to watch from somewhere in the local home state.

Additionally, each $15 subscription also grants you access to a library of tens of thousands of movies and thousands of TV series often with all of the seasons on them.

We call it our "Nearly free, probably illegal" TV service because sometimes, movies are on the ViewTV service the day they are released in movie theaters and episodes of shows that release on Apple TV or HBO Max or Disney+ or other pay-for-service are on the site that same day/next day. No way that is actually legal but....it is legal to me. I am paying for a service that they are providing.

Anyway, we have had it for two years on two different TVs in our house and one TV with our son while away from college one state over. All three of our TVs work great.

The ONE NOTE is that the app only works on an Amazon FireStick and not Roku. We were a Roku family to serve our viewing needs prior to getting the ViewTV service but now have both devices plugged into each of our effected TVs. The only thing we run on the FireStick (wireless connection) is the ViewTV app and we serve everything else through the Roku (wired connection) but it works for us.
Interesting!

Puck, do I need to set this up with you or can I call this 3 Rivers Communications myself?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
rm1369 (05-08-2023)
  #7  
Old 05-09-2023, 11:15 AM
smitty46953's Avatar
smitty46953 smitty46953 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,947
Thanks: 3,327
Thanked 1,950 Times in 1,034 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Interesting!

Puck, do I need to set this up with you or can I call this 3 Rivers Communications myself?
Pretty sure you can just call Ashley at 3 Rivers and tell her your from Coltfreaks. If that for some reason doesn't work let me know, will get ahold of Puck. But I am sure that is all that is needed.

It works great
__________________
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2023, 08:16 AM
bigalbert bigalbert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 541
Thanks: 201
Thanked 314 Times in 169 Posts
Default

I know this is bad but I don’t have a smart TV and my Wifi isn’t very good out here in the sticks but Directv worked great. The way I read this thread I would need to make improvements to watch the Colts. Pucks service would be the cheapest I gather, but I would need a much better WiFi and a smart TV? I know I’m old. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2023, 10:27 AM
CletusPyle CletusPyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 4,397
Thanks: 7,181
Thanked 4,192 Times in 2,443 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
I know this is bad but I don’t have a smart TV and my Wifi isn’t very good out here in the sticks but Directv worked great. The way I read this thread I would need to make improvements to watch the Colts. Pucks service would be the cheapest I gather, but I would need a much better WiFi and a smart TV? I know I’m old. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't need a smart TV, you just need a Fire TV Stick. You can get them on Amazon or eBay for less than $30. Your TV does need to have an HDMI port and you do need decent internet, but it doesn't have to be super fast. I got the service at the condo we stayed in this winter in Florida and the internet sucked, less than 20mbs, sometimes not that fast and I had very few problems with it.

Last edited by CletusPyle; 05-09-2023 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
bigalbert (05-09-2023)
  #10  
Old 06-24-2023, 02:38 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,286
Thanks: 5,208
Thanked 5,557 Times in 3,373 Posts
Default

o


I know that a Roku ) BOX ) won't work, but ROKU just came out with a new ) ROKU STREAMING STICK.


Will this ROKU STICK work ??? This is what it looks like ......





o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.