![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Eh, I'm OK with Hooker still erasing big plays on the back end. There's presumably a reason teams aren't airing it out against the Colts. Sure, if you can get a high pick and argue a 2nd-3rd round safety could do the same thing in this system, have at it. But for now, I'm OK with riding Hooker deep.
|
| The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post: | ||
Butter (12-17-2018), Colt Classic (12-16-2018), natagu23 (12-17-2018), Oldcolt (12-17-2018), sherck (12-17-2018), VeveJones007 (12-17-2018) | ||
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
He isn’t scary back there. He does his job but he isn’t doing anything special.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Who do you have in mind for a replacement? Use the draft pick for a rookie or is there a free agent? I don't think much money needs to be spent on safeties compared to a play-maker at some other position.
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Fair question. I don't know. I think he covers a lot of ground and teams aren't going deep for a reason. But systemically, yes, there are easier throws conceded, and you could argue Hooker's position doesn't require a ballhawking centerfielder to play it.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Of course I could also be inventing a rationale behind what's really just a team that lacks talent in the defensive backfield and is soft in coverage. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
To me it seemed like the Colts offense was just toying with the Dallas D, it
felt like they could do whatever they wanted to whenever they wanted to. Amazing. I remember that a lot of us were pining for that Cowboys O line. well now we have it, and then some. Amazing how this defense has jelled and become a force. Just add a couple of free agents and draft primarily for D and I don't see why they can't replicate what Chicago has done. The officiating was atrocious. This team never seems to get a fair shake and I'm getting sick and tired of that. |
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bertjones For This Useful Post: | ||
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
I'd give Hooker another year. I suspect he's not been 100% all season. Also, the Colts have played a soft zone all year because their corners aren't that good and would get beat often in man to man. If they can get a quality shut down corner next year and Hooker gets healthy, then, if he still doesn't live up to his expectations, it's time to move on.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|