ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 03-31-2017, 11:49 AM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,111
Thanks: 1,209
Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Derek Barnett runs an unofficial 4.89 40 time at his Pro Day.

He supposedly has a strained hamstring right now and is "toughing it out", but that's a pretty bad time and a pretty common excuse and mounts concerns upon a guy whose biggest concern is his conditioning.

I'm still not opposed to bringing in a guy that's been that productive at rushing the passer in the SEC and I'd be hard-pressed to pass on him in the 1st round, but more and more, I like the idea of going ILB in the 1st round (Foster/Davis/Cunningham/Reddick) and then edge rusher in the 2nd (Barnett/Williams/Lawson/Harris).

That seems feasible to me, I think.
The more concerning this for me when I watch any film on Barnett is his lack of rush moves. The guy is a one-trick pony right now. Unless he gets coached up (which I don't trust from this staff), teams will be able to scheme him out pretty easily.

That's why I'm much higher on Reddick and Harris. Both have eyes for the football and multiple pass rush moves.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (03-31-2017)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.