ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-01-2018, 08:29 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Sure I do, but it's not like Ballard is letting go of Antoine Bethea and Freeney, like Grigson did.
Meh, not sure what you expect. Either people go on record and state their concerns / displeasure with moves or you put on the blue hued glasses and say all is well. At least until the wheels fall off. I’d prefer they be stated and people own them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,449
Thanks: 23,254
Thanked 5,976 Times in 3,404 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Meh, not sure what you expect. Either people go on record and state their concerns / displeasure with moves or you put on the blue hued glasses and say all is well. At least until the wheels fall off. I’d prefer they be stated and people own them.
I reserve judgment until I see a few regular season games. If it is a train wreck then, I will light all of your torches. If not, I will be pleasantly surprised.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (09-02-2018), sherck (09-02-2018), YDFL Commish (09-01-2018)
  #3  
Old 09-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Thorgrim's Avatar
Thorgrim Thorgrim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Satellite of Love
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 667
Thanked 1,662 Times in 901 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I reserve judgment until I see a few regular season games. If it is a train wreck then, I will light all of your torches. If not, I will be pleasantly surprised.
Agreed. I desperately want his approach to succeed but I’m struggling to understand the reasoning behind some of his decisions. I suppose I’ll just try to remain hopeful until I see the results on the field.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-02-2018)
  #4  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:26 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

I don’t really think anyone is calling for Ballard to be fired. This is only year two and regardless if we like his approach or not I think most or us realize you can’t change GMs this soon. That’s some Browns level shit and a guaranteed way to waste Lucks career. That would be alarmist and an overreaction IMO. Not simply pointing out concerns with his approach.

I certainly hope my concerns about his methods and decisions are misplaced. I’d prefer the team be good than for me to be right. My fear is that Luck, as he did with Grigson and Pagano, will mask Ballard’s failures. A fully healthy Luck gives even a shit roster a chance at 6-8 wins. Even in the improved AFC south. And this is a shit roster. But I have a feeling 6-8 wins will have many defending Ballard even if the rest of the roster performs as poorly as it appears constructed. People will point to rookies putting up numbers and how many are starters etc to defend his decisions. Ignoring how much easier it is to put up irrelevant stats and have a lot of draft picks “contribute” when you make sure there is little veteran competition to contend with.

“...and if they win the job, then we’ll move on from the other guy. But you can’t preach competition and not live it.” Great quote from Ballard. Would be even better if he actually meant it.

Last edited by rm1369; 09-01-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Brylok's Avatar
Brylok Brylok is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,427
Thanks: 2,723
Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,270 Posts
Default

I'll admit that I'm starting to lose some faith in Ballard, but I'm also going to reserve judgement until I see a few games. I just don't know if an NFL version of the 76ers rebuild plus guys from the scrap pile will be very effective. We're going to find out.
__________________
Soda's Picks Champion: 2014, 2016
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2018, 10:51 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Meh, not sure what you expect. Either people go on record and state their concerns / displeasure with moves or you put on the blue hued glasses and say all is well. At least until the wheels fall off. I’d prefer they be stated and people own them.
What I'm owning is that Ballard hasn't cut anybody who couldn't be replaced. Are the replacements on the current roster? Maybe not, but i don't want Ballard signing 1 year rentals just to make fans happy.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-02-2018), Oldcolt (09-01-2018), Racehorse (09-02-2018)
  #7  
Old 09-01-2018, 11:30 PM
FatDT's Avatar
FatDT FatDT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,252
Thanks: 314
Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
What I'm owning is that Ballard hasn't cut anybody who couldn't be replaced. Are the replacements on the current roster? Maybe not, but i don't want Ballard signing 1 year rentals just to make fans happy.
What point are you trying to make? One year rentals? Who or what are you even arguing against?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2018, 12:09 AM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
What I'm owning is that Ballard hasn't cut anybody who couldn't be replaced. Are the replacements on the current roster? Maybe not, but i don't want Ballard signing 1 year rentals just to make fans happy.
On this roster how many players couldn’t be replaced? Not a very high bar to meet is it? He could throw darts at the roster and would be hard pressed to hit an irreplaceable player.

Don’t want him signing one year rentals? I agree. It’s why I didn’t like his approach to free agency. He signed numerous one year contracts this year. Including what was supposed to be the starting RT, starting RG, and starting WR2.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.