ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 03-26-2018, 11:02 PM
Chaka's Avatar
Chaka Chaka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 858
Thanks: 336
Thanked 666 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’d prefer the trade down for Edmunds or Smith. 6 is better than 3, but I still don’t like taking a guard there. That high you want a player that impacts the game more than a guard does. I think Ballard’s preference would be a trade down as well assuming the value is there. I think that may be the case even if Chubb is there. I wouldn’t agree with that, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen.
True, no guarantee Chubb will be taken even if available. Would not be a shock. Ballard did make plays for the higher profile RBs (Lewis) and OGs (Norwell and Pugh), so that could mean that he planned at address DE in the draft - or alternatively that he’s focused most intensely on RB and/or OG. Then again, it’s interesting to note that the Colts-Jets trade only went down after all those free agents signed elsewhere, so maybe Ballard figured that he could be sure to fill one of those holes by trading down to 6, and he just plans on taking whoever remains between Chubb/Nelson/Barkley. This would certainly be consistent with Irsay’s comments earlier today.

Last edited by Chaka; 03-26-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.