ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2018, 11:12 AM
DrSpaceman DrSpaceman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 212
Thanked 674 Times in 311 Posts
Default

If Chubbs is picked then there is one more QB available at six and Buffalo may trade up, so more picks and trade back again.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-23-2018, 11:26 AM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

The Giants taking Chubb at two is most likely the ideal scenario for Ballard. Much better than them trading the pic to Buffalo. Ballard prefers to trade down and wants QBs on the board at 6 to make that enticing. Chubb at two, Barkley at 4, and Nelson at 5 would make Ballard’s day. Considering his approach and the number of holes on the roster, it’s likely the best route available. As much as I want Chubb, a few extra picks in rounds 1-3 is best case for the Colts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2018, 11:35 AM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,111
Thanks: 1,209
Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
The Giants taking Chubb at two is most likely the ideal scenario for Ballard. Much better than them trading the pic to Buffalo. Ballard prefers to trade down and wants QBs on the board at 6 to make that enticing. Chubb at two, Barkley at 4, and Nelson at 5 would make Ballard’s day. Considering his approach and the number of holes on the roster, it’s likely the best route available. As much as I want Chubb, a few extra picks in rounds 1-3 is best case for the Colts.
I was thinking about this too, but there's just no way only two QBs going top 5.

1) Buffalo trades up to 2 or 4.
2) Elway doesn't pass on a QB if there are still two to choose from. He probably takes Allen.

I still think the most likely outcome is 4 QBs in the top 5, which makes a trade down a lot less likely. We'd be looking at Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2018, 11:47 AM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I was thinking about this too, but there's just no way only two QBs going top 5.

1) Buffalo trades up to 2 or 4.
2) Elway doesn't pass on a QB if there are still two to choose from. He probably takes Allen.

I still think the most likely outcome is 4 QBs in the top 5, which makes a trade down a lot less likely. We'd be looking at Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson.
Yeah I don’t think it’s the likely scenario, just the ideal one for Ballard and the Colts. I’m guessing 3 QBs in the top 5 and either Barkley or Nelson being available of the “premier” non QBs. With the premium placed on pass rushers I just don’t see how Chubb makes it to 6.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2018, 07:27 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 1,010
Thanks: 559
Thanked 844 Times in 401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Yeah I don’t think it’s the likely scenario, just the ideal one for Ballard and the Colts. I’m guessing 3 QBs in the top 5 and either Barkley or Nelson being available of the “premier” non QBs. With the premium placed on pass rushers I just don’t see how Chubb makes it to 6.
I agree...I'm really sceptical that Chubb will make it to six....all the national guys that I see ranking the non QBs have Chubb ahead of Barkley and Nelson at 3. Just saw 3 scenarios on Total Access tonight.....one scenario was 2 QBs taken in top 5, one was 3 QBs taken in top 5, third was 4 QBs in top 5 and in all 3 scenarios Chubb was taken before 6.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2018, 09:33 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,624
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Yeah I don’t think it’s the likely scenario, just the ideal one for Ballard and the Colts. I’m guessing 3 QBs in the top 5 and either Barkley or Nelson being available of the “premier” non QBs. With the premium placed on pass rushers I just don’t see how Chubb makes it to 6.
Because 1-5 need QBs, 4 of them are good enough to take top 5, and the Browns covet Barkley.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2018, 12:27 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Because 1-5 need QBs, 4 of them are good enough to take top 5, and the Browns covet Barkley.
One of the Cleveland pics is a QB. So is the Jets pick at 3. Giants pick is a toss up - should be a QB, but it’s far from a given. They’ve been linked with all three non QBs. I doubt the Broncos go QB after free agency. They are making a last run with their remaining core. So 2 that surely look like QB, one that’s 50/50 and two others I don’t think will be unless their is a trade. Not impossible to see 4 QBs, but I’ll still stick with my guess of 3. And even if there are 4 QBs taken, pass rushers are typically valued much higher than both rbs and guards in the modern NFL. I’d love for Chubb to be available at 6, but it would be pretty surprising to me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2018, 12:34 PM
sherck's Avatar
sherck sherck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 4,010
Thanks: 2,773
Thanked 1,699 Times in 731 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
One of the Cleveland pics is a QB. So is the Jets pick at 3. Giants pick is a toss up - should be a QB, but it’s far from a given. They’ve been linked with all three non QBs. I doubt the Broncos go QB after free agency. They are making a last run with their remaining core. So 2 that surely look like QB, one that’s 50/50 and two others I don’t think will be unless their is a trade. Not impossible to see 4 QBs, but I’ll still stick with my guess of 3. And even if there are 4 QBs taken, pass rushers are typically valued much higher than both rbs and guards in the modern NFL. I’d love for Chubb to be available at 6, but it would be pretty surprising to me.
I agree.

As much as it pains me to say it, trading for 3x 2nd round pick to drop 3 spots pretty much doomed us from getting Chubb.

Now, Nelson + 3 2nd round picks is a pretty nice consolidation prize for Chubb if that happens. If not Nelson, then I hope that we can trade down again and target Edmunds or Smith at LB. Both have the athleticism to be our Brian Urlacher for the next decade.

Walk Worthy,
__________________
==============
Thad
The future is so bright; I gotta triple up!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Chaka (03-26-2018)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.