ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

View Poll Results: Coach Preference
Josh McDaniels 18 64.29%
Mike Vrabel 2 7.14%
Dave Toub 3 10.71%
Other 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-16-2018, 11:00 AM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,083 Times in 992 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
It's not research to blame any and every problem on a head coach, nor is it well thought out. It's actually the "all or nothing" logical fallacy.
And who is blaming any and every problem on Pagano? This board has been complaining about Irsay, Grigson and Pagano for a few years now. But Grigson is gone and problems persisted, so it became "Irsay is too drug addled to run the team" and "Pagano is an idiot". On top of that, there have been plenty of complaints about certain players who are not good enough to be on the team. Hello TJ Green. Hello Trent Richardson. Hello a bunch of OL players over the years.
You are just making things up to support your view that you are right and we are all irrationally blaming problems on Pagano.


Quote:
The last coaching candidate I actually supported is doing pretty well for himself. Unfortunately, the "brain trust" at the time of Irsay and Grigson chose not to hire him. One of many poor choices Grigson made.
As I said, no one is excusing Irsay and esp Grigson for their errors, which were rather bad. And I don't know who this coach is you are referring to, but I'm not sure it matters.

Quote:
By the way, the definition of "supporter":

A person who openly, actively, and frequently states that they do not care what happens to another person (i.e. me stating numerous times that I did not care what happened to Pagano) cannot be said to be a supporter of that person. It's understandable that you'd confuse your language given the myriad logical fallacies you and others allowed yourselves to engage in to blame any and every problem on Pagano that you could, but nonetheless you are using the wrong word. I think this is the definition you're looking for:
You may not be a supporter in any obvious way, but your absolute refusal to acknowledge that Pagano is an obvious reason why this team commits some many unforced errors, stupid penalties, and is wholly unprepared for an opponent nor can make any halftime adjustments is irrational. Thus, people are going to call you a Pagano supporter when you deny what is obvious to virtually everyone.

Quote:
That describes me very well. A "dissenter" is what I am on the issue, mostly because I didn't (and still don't) think that nearly the number of things people here wanted to blame on Pagano were actually his fault, and I didn't (and still don't) think that the expectations set upon him by most of you were reasonable in any way. It's over now, though. He can't be blamed for anything the Colts do moving forward and there obviously can't be any expectations of him moving forward in relation to the Colts. Thus, there's no relevant difference of opinion anymore.
You are a dissenter without evidence or reason, which just makes you either a troll or an idiot.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (01-16-2018), FatDT (01-16-2018), Spike (01-16-2018)
  #2  
Old 01-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,460
Thanks: 23,310
Thanked 5,985 Times in 3,409 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
And who is blaming any and every problem on Pagano? This board has been complaining about Irsay, Grigson and Pagano for a few years now. But Grigson is gone and problems persisted, so it became "Irsay is too drug addled to run the team" and "Pagano is an idiot". On top of that, there have been plenty of complaints about certain players who are not good enough to be on the team. Hello TJ Green. Hello Trent Richardson. Hello a bunch of OL players over the years.
You are just making things up to support your view that you are right and we are all irrationally blaming problems on Pagano.




As I said, no one is excusing Irsay and esp Grigson for their errors, which were rather bad. And I don't know who this coach is you are referring to, but I'm not sure it matters.



You may not be a supporter in any obvious way, but your absolute refusal to acknowledge that Pagano is an obvious reason why this team commits some many unforced errors, stupid penalties, and is wholly unprepared for an opponent nor can make any halftime adjustments is irrational. Thus, people are going to call you a Pagano supporter when you deny what is obvious to virtually everyone.



You are a dissenter without evidence or reason, which just makes you either a troll or an idiot.
He is talking about Zimmer.

Dam is a perfect example of a guy who has the smallest penis. He can never be wrong, so he will never admit it. When others point at his little guy, he deflects attention to something else, like the gym teacher picking his nose. Everyone knows he has a small dick, but he keeps on trying to say it is because the water makes it look small or something else stupid like that.

By the way, your post is spot on. The franchise went off the rails about six years ago and now two of the three issues have been replaced. If it improves, then we know it is not because Irsay is as bad as we think, but that he hired the wrong guys six years ago. Then his loyalty to those two out-weighed the obvious faults in both of them.

New regime brings hope for improved results. If McDaniels is the guy, Dam will not support him, which would show that he is not a Colts fan, but a Pagano fan. Time will tell.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 PM
DrSpaceman DrSpaceman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 212
Thanked 674 Times in 311 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
He is talking about Zimmer.

Dam is a perfect example of a guy who has the smallest penis. He can never be wrong, so he will never admit it. When others point at his little guy, he deflects attention to something else, like the gym teacher picking his nose. Everyone knows he has a small dick, but he keeps on trying to say it is because the water makes it look small or something else stupid like that.

By the way, your post is spot on. The franchise went off the rails about six years ago and now two of the three issues have been replaced. If it improves, then we know it is not because Irsay is as bad as we think, but that he hired the wrong guys six years ago. Then his loyalty to those two out-weighed the obvious faults in both of them.

New regime brings hope for improved results. If McDaniels is the guy, Dam will not support him, which would show that he is not a Colts fan, but a Pagano fan. Time will tell.
If McDaniels succeeds he will claim it was all do to better players and Pagano would have done as well.

You are right about Irsay 6 years ago. Two bad hires. That is one reason why I am kind of glad Pagano was fired this year and not last. If he had fired Grigson and Pagano at the same time, Irsay would have been in charge again in both hires. That didn't work last time
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018), rcubed (01-16-2018)
  #4  
Old 01-16-2018, 01:15 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,624
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
If McDaniels is the guy, Dam will not support him, which would show that he is not a Colts fan, but a Pagano fan. Time will tell.
I was a Colts fan long before I knew who Chuck Pagano was, and I will be long after. If they hire McCheater, I will have a hard time supporting that, but that only has to do with me not being a hypocrite. I don't believe that Brady and Belicheat's accomplishments should be legitimized in any way, and given that he's already a proven cheater himself, I couldn't look at anything accomplished in his tenure as legitimate, either, and I'd rather not have that cloud over my favorite franchise or its star QB.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,460
Thanks: 23,310
Thanked 5,985 Times in 3,409 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I was a Colts fan long before I knew who Chuck Pagano was, and I will be long after. If they hire McCheater, I will have a hard time supporting that, but that only has to do with me not being a hypocrite. I don't believe that Brady and Belicheat's accomplishments should be legitimized in any way, and given that he's already a proven cheater himself, I couldn't look at anything accomplished in his tenure as legitimate, either, and I'd rather not have that cloud over my favorite franchise or its star QB.
Oh, but you are a hypocrite.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2018, 04:54 PM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,083 Times in 992 Posts
Default

You're full of shit. There have been entire threads on this board talking about the holes in the roster. There have been entire threads in recent years about Grigson's failures.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:22 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,624
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
You're full of shit. There have been entire threads on this board talking about the holes in the roster. There have been entire threads in recent years about Grigson's failures.
Okay. That has nothing to do with the argument you made. Look at the postgame threads. I understand that coaches and QBs get outsized portions of blame sand credit, but it was taken to another level here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,555
Thanks: 3,312
Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,870 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Okay. That has nothing to do with the argument you made. Look at the postgame threads. I understand that coaches and QBs get outsized portions of blame sand credit, but it was taken to another level here.
What to do you think the fans in Pittsburgh are doing right now.

I'm quite sure that they are roasting their coaches at levels that have never, been and will never be done here, and rightfully so.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018)
  #9  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:26 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I was a Colts fan long before I knew who Chuck Pagano was, and I will be long after. If they hire McCheater, I will have a hard time supporting that, but that only has to do with me not being a hypocrite. I don't believe that Brady and Belicheat's accomplishments should be legitimized in any way, and given that he's already a proven cheater himself, I couldn't look at anything accomplished in his tenure as legitimate, either, and I'd rather not have that cloud over my favorite franchise or its star QB.
and that is fine. i understand that sentiment. i can respect it even

but he won't do anything. he is just a head coach. they have very little effect on the game. per your opinion of course. so why does it matter? even if he cheats it won't matter because coaches don't do anything
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-16-2018)
  #10  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:32 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

and what dam will never discuss


is the obvious issues with coaching decisions (we all know examples), his players he went to bat for to acquire, his playing terrible players that we knew were terrible for weeks only to bench them for players we knew were better all all along but blamed this on grigson but it kept happening this year, his terrible clock management, and ect. ect.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.