ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 11-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Voosh's Avatar
Voosh Voosh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 280
Thanks: 155
Thanked 184 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I don't believe this at all. Irsay hasn't been a cheapskate during his tenure as owner, and I think he's probably gone a little over the top trying to extinguish everyone's memory of his father's reign of terror. Not saying the guy's perfect - far from it - but I generally get the impression that his heart's in the right place in most instances. Kind of a benevolent hippy with the Jack Kerouac/drug things and all.

If anything, I'd say that he's run this LESS like a business than most, and things like his personal attachment/feelings towards coaches and players have sometimes gotten in the way of what's best for the organization and, by extension I suppose, the profitability of his business.
I think this is a really good take on Irsay. Personally, I think he's a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve and could possibly be too loyal. This could explain him keeping Grigs and Pags past their expiration date. I was too young to follow the Colts in his Dad's time, but I think he's tried to steer clear of Bob's legacy while making his own bad decisions.

People still call him out over his Twitter antics, but I've followed him for years and besides fan contest stuff he's been pretty quiet on that front since his arrest. The guy probably needs to step back and let his daughters run things. The franchise is looking pretty dysfunctional, but winning cures all. Hopefully next season a new coaching staff and healthy Luck make Sunday fun again.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.