ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 09-17-2026, 05:30 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,670
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
You assume it was a train wreck in practice. I doubt if it was a train wreck all summer they would have stayed with it. I think something else was going on here. I bet noise was a factor, but Haulcy was out of place a lot and the secondary assignments were a chain reaction of mistakes because of it. Walley and Ward mixed up responsibilities. Yes I'm sure Cam playing the deep didn't help, but he can get closer to yell instructions. I think they saw the noise of the KC stadium coming up and said lets just go with the LB.

One thing I am noticing is a lot of rookies look lost out there. It's not just the Colts. Lots of teams rookies are struggling. Sonny Styles hasn't done well and he was a top ten pick. I don't think the shortened preseason helps teams at all. And yeah missing time with an injury doesn't help. But its a marathon, not a sprint.
Yes, you are correct, I do assume it was a trainwreck in practice, to me, what I saw Sunday, said that the entire time at GP was either just a giant train wreck, or one giant circle jerk of kumbya bullshit. Either way it sucks!

On the opposite end, perhaps it wasn't, perhaps they actually did good in practice- and by many accounts from those who witnessed joint practices, they seemed to have been resonably good. So, what about this scenario then as an alternative:

5 plays into the game, Ravens just fucking smashing the fuck out of us and it being clear we are completely out of sorts.

Bynum comes on the headset: "Hey Lou, man I can't get these signals out,
it's too loud in here, they can't hear me".

Lou back to him: "Oh shit, yeah, I spaced that there would be people in here making noise. Don't worry about it, we'll just wing it this week, we can make some changes next week".

Shane on the horn: "Hey fuckers, what the hell is happening, we look lost out there".

Bynum: "Yeah, it's too loud, I can't get the calls out to all the guys and get back to my position pre-snap, I told Lou, he said fuck it, we'll worry about it next week"

Shane to Lou: "So it's too loud, that's what the problem is?"

Lou to Shane: "Yeah, we forgot we have fans, don't worry, we'll work on it next week, plus next week we're in KC, so it will be dead quiet when we are on D, so that will make things easier on us".

Shane to Lou: "Cool man, what are you thinking, Harry and Izzy's or Prime 47 when this shit is over?"

Sadly, given just how inept these tools have proven themselves to be, it probably went something like that! I mean sense of urgency and shit!

Last edited by ChoppedWood; 09-17-2026 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (09-17-2026), CletusPyle (09-17-2026)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.