ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 09-16-2026, 03:44 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Yeah, I seem to recall this as well.

The real baffling thing is why can’t Allen get on the field? What the hell is that?

Hell, Carlies played the majority of the game and didn’t have a SINGLE STAT. No tackles, no assists, no nothing.

You’re telling me Allen can’t do that?
Haha yeah, Anarumo's defenses are notoriously complicated. I'm not completely surprised a rookie doesn't get it yet. I think Lou usually prefers vet linebackers. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He captained the Georgia defense for years and that's not insignificant.

Carlies was outmatched by that running game and heavy TE looks. I think he is a specialized cover LB only. I mentioned in the other thread, we saw a record low use of cover 2 and 3 week one. Means offenses have changed and are trying to counter the cover 2 schemes that have been so prevalent the last couple years. Defenses will have to adjust. Never ending chess game of football.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-20-2026)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.