ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2017, 12:08 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,138
Thanks: 937
Thanked 1,481 Times in 815 Posts
Default

I dont get the sense that ballard likes pagano for the coach. Irsay told him to give pags one year (without grigson) and then make a decision. Being late in the process of hiring and that ballard wanted the job, he agreed.

Pagano needed to show some real coaching talent to retain his job and he hasnt done that. He has no injury card to play with ballard. Ballard got him a really good back up QB but pags flaws are still evident.

Toub will be our couch next year unless some "name" becomes available that irsay insists upon (harbaugh).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2017, 12:33 PM
1965southpaw's Avatar
1965southpaw 1965southpaw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 1,010
Thanks: 559
Thanked 844 Times in 401 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I dont get the sense that ballard likes pagano for the coach. Irsay told him to give pags one year (without grigson) and then make a decision. Being late in the process of hiring and that ballard wanted the job, he agreed.

Pagano needed to show some real coaching talent to retain his job and he hasnt done that. He has no injury card to play with ballard. Ballard got him a really good back up QB but pags flaws are still evident.

Toub will be our couch next year unless some "name" becomes available that irsay insists upon (harbaugh).


Agree completely. It was way too late to hire a quality coach when Ballard got there (thanks a lot Jim)........I forget which politician said this but you never want to waste a good crisis......I think Ballard was perfectly fine rolling with Chuckles cause smart guy that he is realized that the roster was a dumpster fire and would take two solid years of rebuild. By letting Jim keep Pagano he has a perfect target for fan fury while we suck this year while he puts his attention on the massive rebuild that this organization needs. Ballard has gone on record saying that his criteria for coach evaluation is talent development not just wins and losses. I am 100% confident that Pagano will be replaced. I think the only question is whether it will be mid season or not. I think the only scenario for mid season is if we have another massive blowout at a Home game. Jimmy doesn't like to be embarrassed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,138
Thanks: 937
Thanked 1,481 Times in 815 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965southpaw View Post
Agree completely. It was way too late to hire a quality coach when Ballard got there (thanks a lot Jim)........I forget which politician said this but you never want to waste a good crisis......I think Ballard was perfectly fine rolling with Chuckles cause smart guy that he is realized that the roster was a dumpster fire and would take two solid years of rebuild. By letting Jim keep Pagano he has a perfect target for fan fury while we suck this year while he puts his attention on the massive rebuild that this organization needs. Ballard has gone on record saying that his criteria for coach evaluation is talent development not just wins and losses. I am 100% confident that Pagano will be replaced. I think the only question is whether it will be mid season or not. I think the only scenario for mid season is if we have another massive blowout at a Home game. Jimmy doesn't like to be embarrassed.
I like that quote about not wasting a good crisis.

I dont think he will get replaced mid season unless there is a player mutiny. There is no real advantage to making an in season change unless the players are rebelling.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.