ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-28-2026, 01:22 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

Anarumo and crew's reaction to getting Haulcy:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/P3eN_dKTpF8
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-28-2026), Puck (04-28-2026), Racehorse (04-28-2026)
  #12  
Old 04-28-2026, 02:45 PM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 8,536
Thanks: 2,237
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Anarumo and crew's reaction to getting Haulcy:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/P3eN_dKTpF8

Looks like they were holding their breath he would be there. Nice find
__________________
Gonna win it all.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-10-2026, 11:17 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,623
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

After watching Haulcy more, I'm a lot more excited about this pick. I'm not saying he'll be as good as either of these players, though I hope he is, but watching his film, his coverage reminds me of Antoine Bethea, and his run support and hit power remind me of Bob Sanders.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-10-2026, 02:29 PM
apballin apballin is online now
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,569
Thanks: 2,879
Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,007 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
After watching Haulcy more, I'm a lot more excited about this pick. I'm not saying he'll be as good as either of these players, though I hope he is, but watching his film, his coverage reminds me of Antoine Bethea, and his run support and hit power remind me of Bob Sanders.
I respect your knowledge of college players and your breakdowns of them but nobody I mean nobody can even compare to Bob Sanders, he was 1 of 1.

I’m no expert but from what I’ve seen of Haulcy he reminds me of Mike Adams which is fine.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-10-2026, 09:49 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,623
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I respect your knowledge of college players and your breakdowns of them but nobody I mean nobody can even compare to Bob Sanders, he was 1 of 1.

I’m no expert but from what I’ve seen of Haulcy he reminds me of Mike Adams which is fine.
Look at his takedown of Le'Veon Moss and tell me that isn't reminiscent of Bob Sanders's eraser days. I'm not saying Haulcy will be as good, though I certainly hope he is, I'm just saying that element of his game is similar.

Also Haulcy is nothing like Mike Adams. Adams had no enforcer to his game, and was primarily a coverage safety. Haulcy is good in zone coverage, but you don't want him in man against a WR or some of the better receiving TEs in the NFL. What you want Haulcy doing is playing either deep half or short zone or man coverage, such as the underneath zone in Cover 1 Robber, reading the QB, and using his physicality to support the run game and make receivers think twice about MOF routes, which is Anarumo's defense is looking for from its SS.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-11-2026, 02:21 PM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,489
Thanks: 899
Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,542 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I respect your knowledge of college players and your breakdowns of them but nobody I mean nobody can even compare to Bob Sanders, he was 1 of 1.

I’m no expert but from what I’ve seen of Haulcy he reminds me of Mike Adams which is fine.
I don’t know about Haulcy but 100 percent agree with you on Bob. In his prime, there was nobody better. Nobody. He was the best I ever saw, and that includes Ed Reed and Palmolive.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (05-11-2026)
  #17  
Old 05-11-2026, 05:19 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,623
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I don’t know about Haulcy but 100 percent agree with you on Bob. In his prime, there was nobody better. Nobody. He was the best I ever saw, and that includes Ed Reed and Palmolive.
Bob is my favorite Colt of all time, and for the pure impact each player had on the game when healthy, I would agree with you. But as a pure safety, Reed was better. Sean Taylor would've been better than all of them had he not died.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-11-2026, 08:08 PM
apballin apballin is online now
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,569
Thanks: 2,879
Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,007 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Look at his takedown of Le'Veon Moss and tell me that isn't reminiscent of Bob Sanders's eraser days. I'm not saying Haulcy will be as good, though I certainly hope he is, I'm just saying that element of his game is similar.

Also Haulcy is nothing like Mike Adams. Adams had no enforcer to his game, and was primarily a coverage safety. Haulcy is good in zone coverage, but you don't want him in man against a WR or some of the better receiving TEs in the NFL. What you want Haulcy doing is playing either deep half or short zone or man coverage, such as the underneath zone in Cover 1 Robber, reading the QB, and using his physicality to support the run game and make receivers think twice about MOF routes, which is Anarumo's defense is looking for from its SS.
If he wins DPOY I’ll personally buy and mail you a Haulcy jersey
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-11-2026, 11:35 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,862
Thanks: 3,131
Thanked 3,125 Times in 1,436 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Bob is my favorite Colt of all time, and for the pure impact each player had on the game when healthy, I would agree with you. But as a pure safety, Reed was better. Sean Taylor would've been better than all of them had he not died.
Those guys were better because they played longer careers. There was nobody who elevated a defense like Sanders. One man took that defense from run of the mill to exceptional. It was an amazing thing to see
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (05-12-2026), Hoopsdoc (05-12-2026), YDFL Commish (05-12-2026)
  #20  
Old 05-12-2026, 10:32 AM
apballin apballin is online now
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,569
Thanks: 2,879
Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,007 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Those guys were better because they played longer careers. There was nobody who elevated a defense like Sanders. One man took that defense from run of the mill to exceptional. It was an amazing thing to see
Not only run if the mil… a historically bad run defense.

He played 1 full season and won DPOY at 5-8 in a game of giants
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.