ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #29  
Old 05-09-2026, 12:51 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is online now
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,333
Thanks: 5,226
Thanked 5,588 Times in 3,392 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post




I do think Ballard was pressured into that, and I don't think it was Irsay alone. The fanbase felt that way too. The organization had just got through the Matt Ryan debacle (much to my chagrin), and we'd been on the senior citizen quarterback merry-go-round for years at that point. The cycle had to be broken. I don't blame Ballard for missing on that the same way I don't blame Irsay going after Luck. If you don't shoot, you can't score. Hindsight is 20/20.



o


If there was pressure that Ballard allowed to affect him in choosing Richardson, I believe that it was solely from Irsay ...... I don't think that any GM, even the worst ones, allows fan-pressure to affect their draft-pick choice ...... I believe that the feelings of the fan-base certainly enters the minds of GM's at times when teams are playing very badly and/or are in the midst of a playoff drought of more than 3 or 4 years, but ultimately I don't believe that they let that specific bias to enter into the equation when they actually make the pick.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (05-09-2026), Puck (05-10-2026), Racehorse (05-09-2026)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.