ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 05-08-2026, 06:18 PM
Kray007 Kray007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 958
Thanks: 56
Thanked 941 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
On the outside. It certainly looks like the coaches have failed AR. But I don't believe that.

I was big on the AR pick and very happy we got him. Obviously I'm not a scout. I DO think it was forced by Jim.

I just think AR has arguably the best physical traits as a QB ever. (Lamar too)

But AR doesn't have QB smarts. I didn't think Lamar did either but he has proven me wrong. AR is still young. Maybe he can turn it around

AR may someday become a good QB. But how long should we wait?

1st test. Beat out Riley for #2. Then lets see where we are at.
I wonder how much of a factor all of the injuries have been? The rationale behind starting any QB you draft is the premise that the best way to learn the position is to play it.

His first season saw him throw 99 passes. In year two, it was 299. He might have picked up a couple of hundred more, might have had a chance to prove that he had licked the accuracy issues that plague him, if he hadn’t been injured when Jones went down.

I hope that he’s given a chance to truly compete against Leonard this offseason. He’s been working on accuracy, and it isn’t impossible for a Quarterback to overcome that. The between the ears issues might be the thing that holds him back, but we can only hope that, as he’s matured, he’s become more dedicated to that part of the game.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Puck (05-08-2026), Racehorse (05-09-2026)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.