ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 05-04-2026, 01:07 PM
ukcolt ukcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,340
Thanks: 99
Thanked 415 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I would have to ask myself if this team is good enough to win it all. There are probably 6-8 teams every year that fits into this category. If I felt it was good enough (not today, but at the start of roster cut-downs), then I would have to ask myself a follow-up question: Is this team ready to absorb injuries, because they are coming. Every team gets them, and usually it is the team with the least, or the best depth that wins it all. If I felt it was not good enough, I would have to ask myself which players fit into the 3-year window, or if it was time to offload the aging players and start over (likely with a new coach and GM).
I disagree, i think the teams that win the Superbowl are generally the least injured teams at the most important positions. No team can absorb any significant amount of injuries to their top level guys.

Depth is only so good at certain positions.

If you lose your starting QB, or a top level LT, Pro Bowl DE or CB, the drop off in talent gets really hard to replace to any suitable standard.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (05-04-2026)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.