ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-14-2026, 07:45 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
IYAM, his mental failings are about maturity. That can be fixed.
Maybe, but at the end of the day, you are either a football player, or you're not.
__________________
"Some people just don't know when it's time to be the voice of reason and when it's time to be the voice of discontent."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-14-2026, 08:00 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,453
Thanks: 23,278
Thanked 5,982 Times in 3,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Maybe, but at the end of the day, you are either a football player, or you're not.
rue. I was jest remembering him saying that the NFL was easy when he first started with us. Then we have an apparent lack of work ethic. And then there is the tapping out. I think it is a little overblown, but he has to understand how his words and actions affect his leadership on the team. Maybe with a fresh start, he could fix those things I mentioned.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-14-2026, 08:17 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,854
Thanks: 3,126
Thanked 3,119 Times in 1,432 Posts
Default

AR has big issues but what I’m talking about is being second or third string here. Any QB we have at that spot would have huge issues. Sounds like it’s a moot point anyway.

We resigned Mo. I like him in a blocking backup role.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-15-2026, 08:43 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,146
Thanks: 339
Thanked 1,646 Times in 783 Posts
Default

AR may always be worthless, but I still can't wrap my brain around a trade at this time. Getting a draft pick that is almost a certainty to end up getting cut? Doesn't the cap hit remain the same whether he's on the team or not? Wouldn't we get a conditional pick next year if he's a free agent loss?

I don't see his being on the team a problem for DJ or Leonard. If anything, I would think Leonard would work harder if he felt he had competition for #2 from AR.

Bottom line, AR may never be a solid pro, but since there's nothing to gain by dumping him and the slightest of chances he may yet be productive, I say wait til next year to decide.

========================

OOPS, I JUST LOOKED IT UP, AND IF AR IS TRADED THE COLTS SAVE 5 MILLION, SO I WAS WRONG. I STILL DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD TRADE HIM.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.

Last edited by albany ed; 03-15-2026 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (03-15-2026), Racehorse (03-15-2026)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.