ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 02-26-2026, 01:16 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,852
Thanks: 3,124
Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,430 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o


I would hope that everybody (myself included) were more adult than to support a sport that is so incredibly viscous, violent, and destructive such as tackle football. As you said, 91% of NFL football players showed signs of CTE ...... yet here we are, posting on a Colts fan website, supporting this viscous, savage, inhumane public spectacle in which our fellow human beings' brains are being turned into mush. So while you are advocating that "enough is enough" at some point, I would argue that all of us (myself included) are selfish, Roman Coliseum-like sadists who continue to cheer on these fools as they destroy their brains and their bodies.

As Racehorse pointed out, the football team owners are full of shit when they claimed that they were "following the science" when they added a 17th regular-season game and subtracted a pre-season game prior to the 2021 season ...... if they were following the science, they would be playing flag football instead of tackle football.

o
I agree with you. I am a hypocrite about this whole thing. I tried to quit football but couldn't. I have no answer but wish the NFL was more accountable. It bothers me.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.