ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-28-2025, 10:09 PM
Thorgrim's Avatar
Thorgrim Thorgrim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Satellite of Love
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 667
Thanked 1,662 Times in 901 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o


In all my years of watching football since the early 1970's, the toughest son-of-a-bitch that I ever saw play quarterback was Ben Roethlisberger ...... if he broke his ankle, he would beg Mike Tomlin to let him go out there and play in a wheelchair.

The 2nd toughest SOB that I ever saw play quarterback was Tom Brady ...... when he was 39 years-old I saw him dive head-first, over-the-top of the defense into the end-zone from the one-yardline, because it was a crucial TD late in the season when the Patriots needed a win.

o
A little off topic on my part but I gotta throw Luck’s name into the conversation where modern players are concerned. That poor bastard nearly got killed behind his OL yet Kept coming back for more.

I have a special respect for the guys I watched in the 70’s though. They were fair game for all manner of violence and expected to play hurt at a time when qb’s were not the beneficiaries of our modern rules. Bert Jones, Terry Bradshaw, Archie Manning, and Dan Pastorini were the toughest I ever saw. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few.
__________________
Chillin’ down at the CO2C
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-28-2025)
  #2  
Old 12-28-2025, 10:18 PM
Lov2fish's Avatar
Lov2fish Lov2fish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,140
Thanks: 883
Thanked 1,200 Times in 536 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
A little off topic on my part but I gotta throw Luck’s name into the conversation where modern players are concerned. That poor bastard nearly got killed behind his OL yet Kept coming back for more.

I have a special respect for the guys I watched in the 70’s though. They were fair game for all manner of violence and expected to play hurt at a time when qb’s were not the beneficiaries of our modern rules. Bert Jones, Terry Bradshaw, Archie Manning, and Dan Pastorini were the toughest I ever saw. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few.
I saw Bradshaw get his nugget bounced off the ground. Some smelling salt and he was back out there playing. Modern QB'S have no idea how easy they have it as far as being protected. I agree Pastorini was a warrior during the game.
__________________
Life is hard, its harder if you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-28-2025)
  #3  
Old 12-28-2025, 10:26 PM
Thorgrim's Avatar
Thorgrim Thorgrim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Satellite of Love
Posts: 3,810
Thanks: 667
Thanked 1,662 Times in 901 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I saw Bradshaw get his nugget bounced off the ground. Some smelling salt and he was back out there playing. Modern QB'S have no idea how easy they have it as far as being protected. I agree Pastorini was a warrior during the game.
I was quite young but in 78’ I saw Stan White break Bradshaw’s nose during a preseason game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone bleed so much after a play. He came out of the game but seemed to shake it off and was starting the following week iirc. It scared the crap out of me at the time lol.
__________________
Chillin’ down at the CO2C
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thorgrim For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-28-2025), ChoppedWood (12-29-2025), Lov2fish (12-29-2025)
  #4  
Old 12-28-2025, 11:06 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,549
Thanks: 3,309
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
I was quite young but in 78’ I saw Stan White break Bradshaw’s nose during a preseason game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone bleed so much after a play. He came out of the game but seemed to shake it off and was starting the following week iirc. It scared the crap out of me at the time lol.
Bradshaw was definitely as tough as they come.

https://youtu.be/t_BuDursFIg?si=RRrGImvhvi1_hguU
__________________
"Some people just don't know when it's time to be the voice of reason and when it's time to be the voice of discontent."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (12-29-2025)
  #5  
Old 12-29-2025, 09:28 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,132
Thanks: 338
Thanked 1,638 Times in 779 Posts
Default

I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning played with a broken jaw.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
apballin (12-29-2025)
  #6  
Old 12-28-2025, 10:49 PM
Dewey 5's Avatar
Dewey 5 Dewey 5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,426
Thanked 1,459 Times in 813 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I saw Bradshaw get his nugget bounced off the ground. Some smelling salt and he was back out there playing. Modern QB'S have no idea how easy they have it as far as being protected. I agree Pastorini was a warrior during the game.
Billy Kilmer was an average qb but he was one tough son of a bitch
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (12-29-2025)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.