ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-29-2025, 11:27 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,133
Thanks: 338
Thanked 1,638 Times in 779 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
How in the hell isn't Daniel Jones elite? Name one thing, one, that an 'elite' QB can do that Jones doesn't do? He is the best QB on the best offense in a QB driven league. He makes every throw, read defenses as good as anyone, moves well in the pocket (doesn't get sacked) and is in complete sync with his head coach. He is the best QB in the league right now and only prejudices from asshole New York based writers keep people for admitting it. It won't change until Feb when he wins the next and his first Super Bowl
I don't think one half of one season with outstanding stats in your 7th year as a normally not so prolific QB qualifies as an elite QB. Don't get me wrong, he's performing better than anyone expected, but it is just a half season of great work, and it's been against mostly weak teams. Most of us on this board, predicted nothing but a shitty season regardless of whether DJ or AR was the starting QB. Now, some folks here are thinking we're the best team in the NFL. Not me, I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong, but I feel there are tough times ahead.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-29-2025)
  #2  
Old 10-29-2025, 11:47 AM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,850
Thanks: 3,123
Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
I don't think one half of one season with outstanding stats in your 7th year as a normally not so prolific QB qualifies as an elite QB. Don't get me wrong, he's performing better than anyone expected, but it is just a half season of great work, and it's been against mostly weak teams. Most of us on this board, predicted nothing but a shitty season regardless of whether DJ or AR was the starting QB. Now, some folks here are thinking we're the best team in the NFL. Not me, I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong, but I feel there are tough times ahead.
He is playing elite right now and has all season. And it has nothing to do with his stats, it has to do with how he is playing the position. Mistake free football is huge. He is elite mentally, that won't change. I also think we are as good as anyone right now and will be much better when Ward gets back. It could all fall apart and if it does I'll be bitching like everyone else but to me this doesn't look at all like a smoke and mirrors kind of thing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2025, 09:58 PM
bigalbert bigalbert is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 541
Thanks: 201
Thanked 314 Times in 169 Posts
Default

I keep waiting for the balloon to pop but it doesn’t. Even the biggest homer of a Colts fan wouldn’t have guessed we’d be here. I would like to take a little credit, I canceled the NFL package before the season which I’ve had for 30 years. Don’t worry I won’t buy any midseason special.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigalbert For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-30-2025), Pez (10-30-2025)
  #4  
Old 11-25-2025, 01:24 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,296
Thanks: 5,209
Thanked 5,566 Times in 3,376 Posts
Default

o


(vs. CHIEFS, 11/23)



I'm going to go out on a limb and assert that Daniel Jones is the real deal, in spite of his sub-par 4th quarter and overtime against the Chiefs.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.