ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 08-24-2025, 12:47 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,619
Thanks: 4,674
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o


I'm not sure who this post is directed at, but I have been (and continue to be) one of Anthony Richardson's biggest defenders here on ColtFreaks. In fact, I think that it is a mistake to have Daniel Jones as the starting QB this year over Richardson because in the long run I think that we have a better chance at becoming bonafide AFC championship contenders by developing a very young, very raw QB like Richardson than we do than with having what is currently a middling QB like Daniel Jones.

So, I really hope that the Colts ARE NOT done with Anthony Richardson in Indianapolis ...... my hopes of Daniel Jones becoming the next Jim Plunkett is a pipe-dream, and very much a long-shot. I'd rather go with Richardson, and see if he can evolve into at least a very solid QB over the next 3 to 4 years.

o
You and I are in complete agreement on this topic. Given 100 chances, right now, I am taking AR 100 vs 0 to DJ. That said, the Colts have for their own reasons- most of which I believe to be very myopic and centered around neither Steichen or Ballard probably being given a sniff by anyone else for their legitimately "best jobs in the world" positions (because they both SUCK), are going the opposite direction.

In that case, they have decided he is not good enough to be the starter for this team. That says he must not be good enough to be the starter for the other teams in the league either in their view. So get rid of him now. 1-3 days of intense media noise, and then it's over. He is very likely a backup on whatever team he lands and only gets in with an injury / really shitty QB play and comes in very very cold for whoever it is, meaning he will likely not excel in the new spot, at least not this year.

To me, if you've decided the time to move on from him is now, then it is time from this point forward until eternity. To me, EVERYONE has fucked this thing up. So divorce, be done with it, swap the titles and fucking just move on.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.