ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 04-16-2025, 10:29 AM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 2,870
Thanked 1,785 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I can't look away from the Colts. The day I give up on this team will be the day I give up on sports entirely. I feel much of the same though, honestly.

The sport itself has lost some magic for me. I presume it's worse for you old guys here but now that I'm closer to 40 than 30 I see it more than I ever have before. In my youth I would roll my eyes at assertions that players of yesterday would have dominated today, but now I see a sport that just does not require the same type of men, durability, nor toughness and I kind of understand. I fell in love with this game because it wasn't like the other games, it required so much more than basketball, baseball, etc.

Of course some of that is still there but I have found myself watching a lot of vintage football recently. I don't find today's game nearly as interesting so I do not find myself digging through draft prospects like I may have in years past. Perhaps that has more to do with the apathy enabled by this franchise though, so there's that.
And then you read a story about a draft prospect whose dad made him watch film on John Riggins and tell him that’s how you play football!!! And the colts have the potential to get that guy, yea it’s still gets me excited and I’m 43 years old now
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-16-2025), YDFL Commish (04-16-2025)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.