ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2025, 08:24 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default

'll start with Bradley because he is the most likely domino too fall. Candidates I think that the Colts should consider are;

Eberflus: Hey, he had the 9th ranked defense before he left, he preached and got turnovers, no loafs, and hustle to the ball.

Rex Ryan: Only because the culture change would be seismic.

Rob Ryan: " " "

Robert Saleh: I'm in the corner of meh on this one, because I've heard from the talking heads that he plays a very similar scheme to Bradley.

Mike Caldwell: My surprise candidate. He did a damn good job in Jax before numb nut Pederson fired him. Now look at the sad sack Jags defense.[/QUOTE]

I'm adding Jerrod Mayo and Lou Anarumo to this list anyone have a favorite?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (01-08-2025), CletusPyle (01-07-2025)
  #2  
Old 01-06-2025, 08:38 PM
Lov2fish's Avatar
Lov2fish Lov2fish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,140
Thanks: 883
Thanked 1,200 Times in 536 Posts
Default

Bring Flus back. He may have sucked as a HC, but he had us in the top 10 in defense and didn't tolerate loafers.
__________________
Life is hard, its harder if you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lov2fish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-07-2025), Racehorse (01-06-2025)
  #3  
Old 01-06-2025, 08:40 PM
Brylok's Avatar
Brylok Brylok is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,427
Thanks: 2,723
Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,270 Posts
Default

His contract was up anyway. Who is the next "bend but don't break", Tampa 2 guy we're going to get? Y'all know coaches and whatnot far better than I do, but I seriously doubt the defensive philosophy will change very much.

Good luck and goodbye to Gus though.
__________________
Soda's Picks Champion: 2014, 2016
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-08-2025, 11:27 AM
AlwaysSunnyinIndy AlwaysSunnyinIndy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,619
Thanks: 783
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,455 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
'll start with Bradley because he is the most likely domino too fall. Candidates I think that the Colts should consider are;

Eberflus: Hey, he had the 9th ranked defense before he left, he preached and got turnovers, no loafs, and hustle to the ball.

Rex Ryan: Only because the culture change would be seismic.

Rob Ryan: " " "

Robert Saleh: I'm in the corner of meh on this one, because I've heard from the talking heads that he plays a very similar scheme to Bradley.

Mike Caldwell: My surprise candidate. He did a damn good job in Jax before numb nut Pederson fired him. Now look at the sad sack Jags defense.

I'm adding Jerrod Mayo and Lou Anarumo to this list anyone have a favorite?

Rex Ryan and Robert Saleh are getting interview requests for head coaching positions...so they will probably exhaust those possibilities before pivoting to coordinator jobs.

There has also been talk of a few guys who have overlap with both Steichen and Ballard's past work histories - Chris Harris, Steve Wilks, etc. If nothing else, there may be one or two of these guys in the initial interview line-up.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 01-08-2025 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2025, 01:35 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

Rex Ryan would be a drastic shift in scheme. Way more complex. He's also not a "nice guy." I see the appeal.

But somebody help me out with Saleh... I'll have to look more into him, but doesn't he employ the same scheme that everybody bitches about? He worked directly under Bradley in SEA and then followed him to JAX.

The 2019 49ers, which gave him the Jets HC job, had the 4th lowest blitz-rate in the league.

I'm not condemning him as an option, I just don't understand hating our scheme, but wanting Saleh.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2025, 01:52 PM
AlwaysSunnyinIndy AlwaysSunnyinIndy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,619
Thanks: 783
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,455 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
The 2019 49ers, which gave him the Jets HC job, had the 4th lowest blitz-rate in the league.

I'm not condemning him as an option, I just don't understand hating our scheme, but wanting Saleh.

Yep, Saleh is Gus Bradley 2.0 - the slightly upgraded version.

Scheme would be very, very similar although Saleh seems to get a bit better results.

Anyway, the 49'ers apparently want him back as their DC once he finishes with the head coaching interviews.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-08-2025, 02:00 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Rex Ryan would be a drastic shift in scheme. Way more complex. He's also not a "nice guy." I see the appeal.

But somebody help me out with Saleh... I'll have to look more into him, but doesn't he employ the same scheme that everybody bitches about? He worked directly under Bradley in SEA and then followed him to JAX.

The 2019 49ers, which gave him the Jets HC job, had the 4th lowest blitz-rate in the league.

I'm not condemning him as an option, I just don't understand hating our scheme, but wanting Saleh.
Yeah that doesn't make sense. I'd like someone that's more like Mike Zimmer or Brian Flores.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2025, 07:00 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Yeah that doesn't make sense. I'd like someone that's more like Mike Zimmer or Brian Flores.
I was pretty impressed with Flores. That game gave me a flashback to Ryan's '06 Ravens or the unorthodoxy Belichick would throw at Peyton.

Don't really see teams poaching coordinators unless it's for a promotion. Any names out there from this style?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2025, 08:35 PM
Dewey 5's Avatar
Dewey 5 Dewey 5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 3,426
Thanked 1,459 Times in 813 Posts
Default

Ballard needs to at least interview Lou Anarumo
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (01-08-2025)
  #10  
Old 01-16-2025, 01:30 PM
Colts And Orioles's Avatar
Colts And Orioles Colts And Orioles is offline
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Brewster, NY
Posts: 9,297
Thanks: 5,210
Thanked 5,567 Times in 3,377 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post



Give me Wink Martindale.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o


You can have Wink Martindale ...... give me Wink Martindale's daughter.


o

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post



Doesn't he have a gameshow to be hosting ???



o


That's why I said his daughter.

For the other Wink Martindale, his wife would do.

o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.