ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2025, 05:12 PM
Kray007 Kray007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 957
Thanks: 56
Thanked 940 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
bringing back Kelly and speed is moronic.

especially speed. dude should have been cut weeks ago. he sucks
I don’t see Speed as a long term answer, but I don’t want to spend much draft capital on the position…this year. If I sign him, it’s to a short term deal at a minimum number. I might feel differently if there was a lot of depth at LB.

As far as Kelly is concerned, bringing him back might be moronic, but I’m not foolish enough to depend on Tanor Bartolini making the leap, being ready to step up and play at a high level.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2025, 06:28 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
I don’t see Speed as a long term answer, but I don’t want to spend much draft capital on the position…this year. If I sign him, it’s to a short term deal at a minimum number. I might feel differently if there was a lot of depth at LB.

As far as Kelly is concerned, bringing him back might be moronic, but I’m not foolish enough to depend on Tanor Bartolini making the leap, being ready to step up and play at a high level.
I understand what you are saying. its just what your saying is moronic and nobody should want to do what you are saying.


any lbers can replace speed. carlies is already here to do it. Kelly is old, hurt a lot and is marginally, if at all, a better player that bortolini
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-06-2025)
  #3  
Old 01-06-2025, 08:05 PM
Kray007 Kray007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 957
Thanks: 56
Thanked 940 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I understand what you are saying. its just what your saying is moronic and nobody should want to do what you are saying.


any lbers can replace speed. carlies is already here to do it. Kelly is old, hurt a lot and is marginally, if at all, a better player that bortolini
So, you’re saying we entrust a starting LB position to a player who missed half his rookie year to injury; a guy who, in the one full game he played, got a run D grade of 38?

As far as Kelly’s concerned, Bortolini might be the future, but the line simply performs better when he’s on the field.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2025, 08:22 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
So, you’re saying we entrust a starting LB position to a player who missed half his rookie year to injury; a guy who, in the one full game he played, got a run D grade of 38?
For me the point is that accepting mediocrity just become someone is “our guy” is stupid and just breeds more mediocrity. That’s what Ballard keeps doing and what retaining Speed would be. Speed isn’t good enough, so why reward his play? His level of performance is easily replaceable. Replace him with someone who either has a chance to grow or someone who is on the down swing that brings an intangible that Speed clearly doesn’t - like leadership or professionalism. The culture in that locker room sucks. They need to quit rewarding mediocrity for the sake of continuity.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-06-2025), omahacolt (01-15-2025)
  #5  
Old 01-06-2025, 08:25 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
For me the point is that accepting mediocrity just become someone is “our guy” is stupid and just breeds more mediocrity. That’s what Ballard keeps doing and what retaining Speed would be. Speed isn’t good enough, so why reward his play? His level of performance is easily replaceable. Replace him with someone who either has a chance to grow or someone who is on the down swing that brings an intangible that Speed clearly doesn’t - like leadership or professionalism. The culture in that locker room sucks. They need to quit rewarding mediocrity for the sake of continuity.
Yep. The holdover for the sake of holdover until the next draft / FA to replace, has led us to this very shitty landing spot. The time has come to shed all the chafe in that motherfucker, and there is a LOT of it!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2025, 08:27 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
For me the point is that accepting mediocrity just become someone is “our guy” is stupid and just breeds more mediocrity. That’s what Ballard keeps doing and what retaining Speed would be. Speed isn’t good enough, so why reward his play? His level of performance is easily replaceable. Replace him with someone who either has a chance to grow or someone who is on the down swing that brings an intangible that Speed clearly doesn’t - like leadership or professionalism. The culture in that locker room sucks. They need to quit rewarding mediocrity for the sake of continuity.
Fuck, let both LB's go. Franklin is a cancer. WTF is this stupid shit with 8 captains anyway?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-06-2025), Racehorse (01-06-2025)
  #7  
Old 01-06-2025, 09:48 PM
Discflinger's Avatar
Discflinger Discflinger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In My Head
Posts: 827
Thanks: 419
Thanked 363 Times in 221 Posts
Default

I liked Speed when he first got called up from st. I think he just got complacent.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-06-2025), YDFL Commish (01-06-2025)
  #8  
Old 01-07-2025, 10:39 AM
Kray007 Kray007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 957
Thanks: 56
Thanked 940 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
For me the point is that accepting mediocrity just become someone is “our guy” is stupid and just breeds more mediocrity. That’s what Ballard keeps doing and what retaining Speed would be. Speed isn’t good enough, so why reward his play? His level of performance is easily replaceable. Replace him with someone who either has a chance to grow or someone who is on the down swing that brings an intangible that Speed clearly doesn’t - like leadership or professionalism. The culture in that locker room sucks. They need to quit rewarding mediocrity for the sake of continuity.
I’m not suggesting, for a moment, that you reward him with a fat, long term deal. I recognize that he isn’t a strength, that he’ll eventually have to be replaced. But, I have other, more immediate, priorities I want to address before I get around to LB. Sign him to a chump change contract, draft a guy in the 4th round, and let him, Carlies, and the draft choice compete for the starting position in camp.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kray007 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Session (01-07-2025), Racehorse (01-07-2025)
  #9  
Old 01-07-2025, 10:55 AM
Mr. Session's Avatar
Mr. Session Mr. Session is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 929
Thanks: 420
Thanked 776 Times in 364 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
I’m not suggesting, for a moment, that you reward him with a fat, long term deal. I recognize that he isn’t a strength, that he’ll eventually have to be replaced. But, I have other, more immediate, priorities I want to address before I get around to LB. Sign him to a chump change contract, draft a guy in the 4th round, and let him, Carlies, and the draft choice compete for the starting position in camp.
I'm in the same place with Franklin.

I wanna see some legit competition at LB. Fanklin and Speed would both probably be very good special teams guys for us, where they belong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-07-2025)
  #10  
Old 01-07-2025, 11:17 AM
Kray007 Kray007 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 957
Thanks: 56
Thanked 940 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
I'm in the same place with Franklin.

I wanna see some legit competition at LB. Fanklin and Speed would both probably be very good special teams guys for us, where they belong.
Part of the frustration is Franklin’s utter inconsistency. At his best, he plays at a pro bowl level. But, there are stretches/games when he seems to be a step away from where he ought to be if he’s going to make an impact. No idea how the new D Coordinator is going to see things, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see new faces at the position before too very long.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.