ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-30-2024, 07:04 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
He’s a pussy and they enable him

Can’t rely on a guy that plays half the time

Sends the wrong message to the guys playing thru all their injuries, nobody is 100 percent right now

When you need him the most he’s not there
too small of a sample size. he blew out his shoulder last year. that isn't something you can walk off. this year, if he missed 3 games with all the running he does, I would say that should be expected. he is a physical runner and doesn't have the shiftiness of a guy like Lamar. he is going to get dinged up.


is he a pussy? maybe. I have had back issues so i understand the inability to do things with a fucked up back. could he have played through it? no clue. I don't know and neither do you.

there are plenty of things to criticize him for that we know are issues. I assume if he could play, he would have.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-30-2024)
  #2  
Old 12-30-2024, 07:11 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 2,870
Thanked 1,785 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
too small of a sample size. he blew out his shoulder last year. that isn't something you can walk off. this year, if he missed 3 games with all the running he does, I would say that should be expected. he is a physical runner and doesn't have the shiftiness of a guy like Lamar. he is going to get dinged up.


is he a pussy? maybe. I have had back issues so i understand the inability to do things with a fucked up back. could he have played through it? no clue. I don't know and neither do you.

there are plenty of things to criticize him for that we know are issues. I assume if he could play, he would have.
Your assumption is the main thing I’m criticizing, he’s missed too many games. I’m willing to live with the turnovers and missed throws I expected all that. A 6-4 250 guy that misses games like he’s Austin Collie or Paris Campbell I wasn’t expecting

Cam Newton missed 3 games his first 6 years in the NFL

Last edited by apballin; 12-30-2024 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-30-2024, 07:55 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Your assumption is the main thing I’m criticizing, he’s missed too many games. I’m willing to live with the turnovers and missed throws I expected all that. A 6-4 250 guy that misses games like he’s Austin Collie or Paris Campbell I wasn’t expecting

Cam Newton missed 3 games his first 6 years in the NFL
athletes want to compete. maybe you are right and he is an outlier where he just doesn't give a fuck. those guys are so very rare that, especially at QB, that I don't think he would have just sat out that game.

why would he? the Giants are terrible. what QB wouldn't want to play them. just doesn't make sense and all of this shit is because Steichen and the colts are fucking dumb and don't understand how to deal with injuries.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-30-2024), Racehorse (12-30-2024)
  #4  
Old 12-30-2024, 08:27 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,449
Thanks: 23,254
Thanked 5,976 Times in 3,404 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
too small of a sample size. he blew out his shoulder last year. that isn't something you can walk off. this year, if he missed 3 games with all the running he does, I would say that should be expected. he is a physical runner and doesn't have the shiftiness of a guy like Lamar. he is going to get dinged up.


is he a pussy? maybe. I have had back issues so i understand the inability to do things with a fucked up back. could he have played through it? no clue. I don't know and neither do you.

there are plenty of things to criticize him for that we know are issues. I assume if he could play, he would have.
AR seems to be the type of guy who wants to play every game. I think he would have played if he could have.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-30-2024), Spike (12-30-2024)
  #5  
Old 12-30-2024, 10:27 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 2,870
Thanked 1,785 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
AR seems to be the type of guy who wants to play every game. I think he would have played if he could have.
So what are you guys implying here?

The team is not letting him play?

Bull fuckin shit… if he wanted to play he would’ve been out there. If they’re babying him to this degree it’s no wander this team is soft as Charmin
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
albany ed (12-31-2024), CletusPyle (12-31-2024)
  #6  
Old 12-30-2024, 10:44 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
So what are you guys implying here?

The team is not letting him play?

Bull fuckin shit… if he wanted to play he would’ve been out there. If they’re babying him to this degree it’s no wander this team is soft as Charmin
We are aware of at least one instance where it was stated Richardson wanted to go back in and Steichen opted to sit him. At the time I thought it was a good move designed to encourage him to protect himself. Now I think that’s giving the organization too much credit. Regardless there is at least one instance we know of where he wanted to play and the team said no. After not allowing him to talk to the media, I’m very curious if this was another or not.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-30-2024, 11:02 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
We are aware of at least one instance where it was stated Richardson wanted to go back in and Steichen opted to sit him. At the time I thought it was a good move designed to encourage him to protect himself. Now I think that’s giving the organization too much credit. Regardless there is at least one instance we know of where he wanted to play and the team said no. After not allowing him to talk to the media, I’m very curious if this was another or not.
Listening to all these talking heads and all the leaking of dudes being late to meetings, refusing physical treatment to get back on the field, etc...

It sounds like this thing is just absolutely rotting from the inside out. So, with that said, I would not be surprised in the least if this latest issue with AR being "sore" isn't yet another "suspension" with Steichen trying to use his control over AR as a means to convey control. In doing so, to me at least it says he has NO control over this group. This whole thing stinks and needs to be sanitized by a raging fire.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-30-2024, 11:12 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Listening to all these talking heads and all the leaking of dudes being late to meetings, refusing physical treatment to get back on the field, etc...

It sounds like this thing is just absolutely rotting from the inside out. So, with that said, I would not be surprised in the least if this latest issue with AR being "sore" isn't yet another "suspension" with Steichen trying to use his control over AR as a means to convey control. In doing so, to me at least it says he has NO control over this group. This whole thing stinks and needs to be sanitized by a raging fire.
Steichen may have no control because those above him are either overruling him or are just apathetic.

I appreciated it when coaches weren't afraid and were allowed to criticize players for lack of effort, poor attitude, or just be dumb as rocks!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (12-30-2024)
  #9  
Old 12-31-2024, 11:39 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,449
Thanks: 23,254
Thanked 5,976 Times in 3,404 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
So what are you guys implying here?

The team is not letting him play?

Bull fuckin shit… if he wanted to play he would’ve been out there. If they’re babying him to this degree it’s no wander this team is soft as Charmin
None of that. The dude has an injury preventing him from being effective.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-31-2024)
  #10  
Old 12-31-2024, 03:58 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
So what are you guys implying here?

The team is not letting him play?

Bull fuckin shit… if he wanted to play he would’ve been out there. If they’re babying him to this degree it’s no wander this team is soft as Charmin
I am implying that he wasn't healthy enough to play. that if he was healthy enough to play, he would have.

you are implying that he just didn't want to play. which is very unlikely
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (12-31-2024), Racehorse (12-31-2024)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.