ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2024, 05:46 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Okay, JMV show- apparently in Steichen's presser they indicated he said that EVERYTHING is being re-evaluated---- including the STARTING QB POSITION!

Further, and I could not keep listening further, so I can't tell if JMV was relaying what was said by Steichen, or if this was JMV speculating, but he was talking about the 3rd down INT being an AR audible. He was saying some shit about how there is no way they could be that trusting with this guy that had 2 connections out of 15 attempts.

On that note, they came out in 5 wide- which I had forgotten that little detail which just further cements my belief that Steichen is a trash dumpster of a coach. So maybe it was called as a QB keeper and AR decided to go rogue? Don't know, just know that was a catastrophe of incomprehensible dumb fuckery!

Now back to the re-evaluation. To me, that's Steichen saying he has seen enough and believes they can't win with AR as the QB. So, if that is the case, if they make the change back to Flacco- the AR era is fucking over, period, you can't return to him after that!

And, I will add this, if they pull the plug on AR, then it should be an immediate termination of the fucking straight bill loser fuck! Get him the fuck out of here as a massive statement to the rest of the org- we aren't tolerating this malaise of suck any longer!

In the end, we are basically fucked at this point.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (10-29-2024)
  #2  
Old 10-28-2024, 06:03 PM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,485
Thanks: 899
Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

I’ll be f****g PISSED if they give up on Richardson after 12 freaking games.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (10-28-2024), Racehorse (10-28-2024), Spike (10-28-2024), YDFL Commish (10-28-2024)
  #3  
Old 10-28-2024, 06:08 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I’ll be f****g PISSED if they give up on Richardson after 12 freaking games.
100% agree, and to me, the ONLY way you can throw in the towel now is to announce Flacco is QB1 and straight bill loser fuck is gone. You HAVE to pin this on Ballard, it's an absolute must. Everyone has been in agreement, Ballard's future is tied to AR's and if you are saying AR has no future, then neither does the pompous for absolutely NO REASON 8 years of doing jack fucking shit loser!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-28-2024, 06:32 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

And there it is. I think the AR era is done for already.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colts-c...200701614.html
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-28-2024, 06:46 PM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,485
Thanks: 899
Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
And there it is. I think the AR era is done for already.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/colts-c...200701614.html
I think either A:they’re trying to light a fire under his ass or B:he was freelancing to much and pissed Steichen off. Or some combination of the two.

I refuse to believe they’d be dumb enough to pull the plug on him already.

Especially now that the division is essentially out of reach.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-28-2024), ChoppedWood (10-28-2024), Colts And Orioles (10-28-2024), Racehorse (10-28-2024)
  #6  
Old 10-28-2024, 06:52 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
I think either A:they’re trying to light a fire under his ass or B:he was freelancing to much and pissed Steichen off. Or some combination of the two.

I refuse to believe they’d be dumb enough to pull the plug on him already.

Especially now that the division is essentially out of reach.
I am really wondering if this isn't Steichen with a power play. Got the sense after the hip issue Steichen was flexing on AR a little bit with a sort of ok, you want to be soft, I'll fucking show you I will not hesitate to jump over you. And this morning Bowen was saying he read into Steichen's "he was tired and needed a break" comment to basically be "this is what I am having to deal with because the GM is forcing me to play him".

If so, perhaps this is Steichen creating a stand off with Ballard? If so, good, fucking force that POS out of the organization! I am not sold on giving up on AR this early, but if it meant we would be free of Ballard, I'll sign up for that. I don't believe we will ever be a contender with that fucker calling the shots.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-28-2024)
  #7  
Old 10-28-2024, 07:45 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I am really wondering if this isn't Steichen with a power play. Got the sense after the hip issue Steichen was flexing on AR a little bit with a sort of ok, you want to be soft, I'll fucking show you I will not hesitate to jump over you. And this morning Bowen was saying he read into Steichen's "he was tired and needed a break" comment to basically be "this is what I am having to deal with because the GM is forcing me to play him".

If so, perhaps this is Steichen creating a stand off with Ballard? If so, good, fucking force that POS out of the organization! I am not sold on giving up on AR this early, but if it meant we would be free of Ballard, I'll sign up for that. I don't believe we will ever be a contender with that fucker calling the shots.
And the man behind the curtain is Irsay.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-28-2024, 07:52 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 2,870
Thanked 1,785 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I am really wondering if this isn't Steichen with a power play. Got the sense after the hip issue Steichen was flexing on AR a little bit with a sort of ok, you want to be soft, I'll fucking show you I will not hesitate to jump over you. And this morning Bowen was saying he read into Steichen's "he was tired and needed a break" comment to basically be "this is what I am having to deal with because the GM is forcing me to play him".

If so, perhaps this is Steichen creating a stand off with Ballard? If so, good, fucking force that POS out of the organization! I am not sold on giving up on AR this early, but if it meant we would be free of Ballard, I'll sign up for that. I don't believe we will ever be a contender with that fucker calling the shots.
Exactly what I was thinking with Shane after the hip injury,

He’s putting Shane in an impossible position, you can’t be a scrambling QB that can’t take a hit and gets tired after a few runs especially if you have accuracy issues
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-28-2024, 08:56 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,449
Thanks: 23,254
Thanked 5,976 Times in 3,404 Posts
Default

Evaluating everything could mean they are discussing the direction of the team moving forward. If AR is not the guy moving forward, do they move players for future assets? Do they try to trade for a QB (not that I know any QB worth trading for that would be available)? Is it a total reset on the franchise, meaning we play mostly young guys to see who is worth keeping?
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-28-2024)
  #10  
Old 10-28-2024, 09:12 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Evaluating everything could mean they are discussing the direction of the team moving forward. If AR is not the guy moving forward, do they move players for future assets? Do they try to trade for a QB (not that I know any QB worth trading for that would be available)? Is it a total reset on the franchise, meaning we play mostly young guys to see who is worth keeping?
When said in that sort of broad context, fuck man, that's a top of the house down view- that starts with the GM. If you are gonna go youth movement, give Buck, Kenny, Grover and Nelson the opportunity to get a title somewhere and just accumulate pics for them. Throw the season in the crapper. Leverage what you have to in order to move up, and have someone else rebuild the damn thing with their new players.

If we become sellers and that fucking moron is still in charge of personnel, fuck man, just shut the doors on 56th and let it be overgrown with weeds.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Thorgrim (10-28-2024)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.