ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 04-11-2024, 05:15 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 357
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I saw an article not too long ago that measured FA success for teams and put it into a graph. Basically it said best case scenario, it had a two-year peak and then the teams took a sharp nose dive. Worst case was the team did not do well and got everyone fired and they started over. So it seems to have limited success if successful. I haven't been able to find it again, but if I do I'll post it.
I’d like to see what kinds of transactions were monitored and tracked. My guess is it follows the Washington model previously mentioned. I think most people realize you aren’t going to be successful long term paying premium for multiple top free agents. No team “buys” its way to success. The issue is that there is a huge middle ground between the Washington model and Ballard’s model. Recent SB winners show the benefit of using all three methods of player acquisition in their roster building.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (04-12-2024)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.