ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #27  
Old 04-06-2024, 10:22 AM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 357
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I did not say that at all. Pass rush is important. Ballard has been pursuing one for a while. It seems they are valued because they do not grow on trees. If they are available in free agency, they are either washed up, tagged, or over-priced. I think he has addressed it fair enough, given our past season and its success. I am not sure what year it was, but it could be the year we drafted two pass rushers to address the problem. He addressed it, just not the way you wanted him to address it.
You’ve turned my comment about the inexperience at DE during the wentz season into a critique of Ballard’s overall performance at DE. That’s not why I’ve made the comment several times. Dam keeps trying to say that trading for Wentz was Ballard going win now. I’m saying it wasn’t because he treated the rest of the roster the same. No sane GM would go into a win now season with the inexperience that team had at such a key position. Ironically it’s the one time I think Ballard’s approach is defensible.

As far as solving DE it’s obviously an area Ballard has struggled. He’s invested a lot of resources in it with mostly mediocre results. However it’s not something I specifically criticize him for. Hard position to fill and he’s attempted to - including using free agency. My only real criticism is being so cheap he lost Autry again essentially gifting the position to a rookie. Other than that, he’s just not had a major hit at the position. It happens.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.