ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2017, 06:45 AM
sherck's Avatar
sherck sherck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 4,010
Thanks: 2,773
Thanked 1,699 Times in 731 Posts
Default

So, the O-Line right now according to the Colts.com depth chart:

LT = Castonzo
LG = Vujnovich, Haeg
OC = Bond / Siberman / Kelly (they actually list Kelly as starter but....)
RG = Mewhort, Redmond
RT = Clark

Two undrafted rookie OTs on the practice squad; Andrew Wylie (Eastern Michigan) and Tyreek Burwell (Cincinnati).

Once Kelly is back, I fully expect Siberman to be cut and one of the OTs from the practice squad (I predict Wylie) elevated for more OT depth.

I hope Clark is up to the challenge.

I wonder what the coaches see in Vujnovich to start him ahead of Haeg. I don't dislike Vujnovich but I thought Haeg really improved a ton last season from beginning to end. Perhaps he did not make much of a 2nd year leap.

Walk Worthy,
__________________
==============
Thad
The future is so bright; I gotta triple up!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 PM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,917
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,082 Times in 991 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post

I wonder what the coaches see in Vujnovich to start him ahead of Haeg. I don't dislike Vujnovich but I thought Haeg really improved a ton last season from beginning to end. Perhaps he did not make much of a 2nd year leap.

the only thing I can think of is that as of now, Vujnovich looks better than Haeg did at this point last season, which might mean they think he has a higher ceiling and think he will be a long term solution at guard.
So even if Haeg is slightly better right now, Vujnovich is expected to be better than him by the end of the season.
If that is the case, I can live with the growing pains.
otherwise?

Also I still think Haeg is better at tackle anyway. He was an LT in college.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.