ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 03-28-2023, 01:20 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,138
Thanks: 937
Thanked 1,481 Times in 815 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Guaranteed contracts are here to stay and I say great. Player have been fucked by owners forever. Everything is a gamble anyway. You take AR (my personal choice) and it doesn’t work out it sets you back almost as much as Lamar. I’d rather root for a young kid and watch him try to develop and keep them draft picks.
I would also like to roll with a rookie, the cost (cap and draft capital) is too much for lamar.

I think someone mentioned insurance for players. I think something like that needs implemented. I agree with you on players being screwed over, but full guaranteed contracts like that can also screw a team in such a violent game where injuries are commonplace. If a player is injured then he still gets paid with insurance, but it comes from a different pot that doesnt cap restrict the team. There would need to be all sorts of details/provisions/etc worked out for something like though.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (03-28-2023), Racehorse (03-28-2023)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.