ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 03-21-2023, 07:42 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I think it is fair to say from your assessment that you don't watch much football besides the Colts. Kelly admittedly wasn't at his best the past 2 seasons, but he was far from the worst C in the league. I know PFF can be taken with a pinch of salt, but his overall grades were:

2022 - 64.3 with 5 sacks and 3 penalties on 1092 snaps (136.5)
2021 - 56.9 with 3 sacks and 6 penalties 907 snaps (100.8)
2020 - 69.0 with 2 sacks and 1 penalty on 1007 snaps (335.7)
2019 - 73.0 with 1 sack and 6 penalties on 1018 snaps (145.4)
2018 - 74.5 with 1 sack and 4 penalties on 777 snaps (155.4)
2017 - 60.4 with 0 sacks and 0 penalties on 394 snaps (0)
2016 - 72.4 with 0 sacks and 3 penalties on 1018 snaps (339.3)
Overall (177.5)

The figures in brackets are the number of plays per major error (so a sack or penalty)

You can see from their grading, that he has not been to his usual standards the last two years, but this past season was an improvement from the year before. And his past two seasons the number of "mental" mistakes, so the sacks and penalties, have risen quite a bit.

This is a link of the PFF grades of all Centers for the last year. Kelly is ranked 16th.
https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/ga...-rankings-pff/
All I can say is that stats and PFF grades can be misleading, especially w/ OL.

I didn't watch every NFL game religiously, but I definitely watched my fair share of them, and Kelly was easily the worst OC from the games that I watched. There were several games where he was just dominated the entire game and thrown around by the other teams DTs like a rag doll from start to finish (@Jagoffs, vs. KC, @ Den, vs. Philly come to mind). I just didn't see that from any OC from any other team.

To be fair though, other than the Colts I didn't spend much time watching really bad teams. So maybe there's just a lot of really bad OCs in the league that I didn't get to see play this past season.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.