ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 02-28-2023, 03:20 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,624
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Well normally I would tend to agree with that math. But assuming Leonard returns to form, the 20% that Leonard does that Okereke does not (primarily turnovers, but also coverage) is not weighted equally.

I think before last year he was averaging something absurd like 8 Int's+FF's by himself per year. Since what he excels at are game-altering plays, I don't know that it's wise to give that up.
I get what you're saying, but a franchise QB makes far more game altering plays than Leonard ever will. It's a calculated risk, and one I imagine will be unpopular, but the potential payoff is a stronger roster for a rookie contract franchise QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
If hes healthy, and you dont have a LB slot open, play him at SS, or what us old farts call monster back. You find a way to get Leonard on the field, you dont trade him. And any DC who cant figure out how to use him, should be fired.
I'm not arguing Leonard isn't a valuable player, I'm arguing that cap math and retention of draft capital make trading him make sense. Leonard may have more value to the Bears than the Colts at this point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.