ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-10-2023, 12:47 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,350
Thanks: 9,740
Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Interesting discussion on 1st Take.

Apparently Chicago has interest in Young (why you would just come off a season where your arrow seems to be pointing up behind the greatest running performance ever by a big fast powerful QB who has a cannon but nothing to really work with in the WR department and look to transform behind an undersized guy in the pocket...?). So the discussion was staying at 1 and taking Young, but getting Colts # 4 and some other parts - probably Buckner and something else + additional draft picks for Fields.

It's interesting for discussion. I am convinced that our OL is so damn bad that at least for the next couple years we're going to have to have a QB that can utilize his legs to give us any chance at being competitive (and I still expect us to suck). But, let's say we get Fields, what does he get us to, maybe 8-9, 9-8 and a possible one and done, maybe get lucky and steal a PO game in the next 3 years? Is that worth it, will he be dead on his feet 3 years from now and we'll need a new guy already anyway just when our other younger guys are starting to peak?

I like Fields, I think with a good team around him, he can be at the low end of the Josh Allen register- but I think he needs a lot of good players around him and if he has another terrible OL like he has had in Chicago (which we are), he'll eventually be wasted potential.
If I were the Bears organization, I would be saying the same thing whether I wanted Young or not for obvious reasons.
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spike For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-10-2023)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.