ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 11-13-2022, 09:22 AM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,917
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,082 Times in 991 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o


Then your overall comparison numbers for all of the seasons are not aligned correctly.

All basketball seasons, college and professional, are notated by the season's end. More than half of the regular season and the entire postseason is played after January 1st ...... subsequently, whenever a reference is made to Bobby Knight's Indiana team as being the last national championship team to go undefeated, they say "The 1976 Indiana Hoosiers" for that 1975-76 Indiana team. The same is true for each and every other national championship team, such as the 1983 NC State Wolfpack who upset Houston's Phi Slama Jama team, the 1985 Villanova Wildcats who upset the heavily favored Georgetown Hoyas, and Danny Manning's 1988 Kansas Jayhawks team who upset Billy Tubbs' heavily favored Oklahoma Sooners.


That said, I'm sure that there are still some strong similarities between good Colts teams and bad Indiana basketball teams even if the years were realigned correctly.

o
I did it correctly, I logged the fall football season with the fall/spring basketball season so when I looked up the colts 2002 record, I look up the Indiana 2002-2003 record.

It’s worth noting that both seasons begin in the fall and overlap partially. It’s also worth noting that NFL seasons span into January too.

I was not trying to compare the colts fall record with the IU b-ball record that ended the previous spring. I’m comparing the simultaneous partially overlapping seasons.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.