![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
I think that all these writers are full of shit. I love the fact that they think that Irsay has lost his mind with Saturday. They all loved Reich/Ballard when that was initially happening, now not so much. Nobody, I mean nobody, has the faintest idea of how Saturday will do, if you are betting you would bet he would fail because almost all coaches fail. Rare one that is a winner, it is a crap shoot. I am starting to enjoy this, us against the NFL world. Much better than spinning our collective wheels in mediocrity.
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post: | ||
Chromeburn (11-09-2022) | ||
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
There’s no realistic way he’s going to succeed in my opinion. I think it’s gonna be embarrassing, actually. I hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. As for Irsay, he’s firmly on the road to being Al Davis, who was the laughingstock of the league. Nothing about this is good for the Colts or their fans. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
And of course no one knows with 100 percent certainty what will happen, but if Jeff Saturday ends up being successful, whether it’s this season or in the future, he’ll be one of the greatest coaches of all time. He’s in an impossible situation with a deeply flawed team facing a tough schedule and he’s never done any of this before. |
| The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post: | ||
Oldcolt (11-09-2022) | ||
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I think everybody acknowledges that Matt Pryor was a bad decision. Even if he was always planned to be temporary, which is evidenced by the rotation with Raimann from the first game. And I'll be the broken record that says we don't know if he tried to bring in a more established guy or who that might have been. However, nobody saw the OL unit performing like this. Anybody that says they did is lying. Even guys like me and you who were talking back in April about Glow and Reed leaving... we were concerned, but not because we thought career back-up Chris Reed leaving will suddenly make Quenton Nelson have his worst season and we'll give up more sacks in 9 games than we did in 17 games with ball-holding Wentz and we'll be 30th in rushing after producing the rushing champ last year. It's one of the weirdest things we've seen in football. |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Last edited by IndyNorm; 11-09-2022 at 09:16 PM. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
o
And look, I'm not picking on anyone and/or singling out Chopped Wood in regard to their comments with my above post ...... I'm simply pointing out that the wind blows in very different directions when a team is winning compared to when they are losing ...... winning covers up all sorts of dirty laundry, while losing brings out the lynch-mob in almost every fan-base in sports. o
__________________
BALTIMORE COLTS ))))))))))))))))))) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
We agree Hoopsdoc. I just don’t think any coach would be given much of a chance here. If Saturday can get people to start to believe in themselves I would consider that a win. This is a lost season. I am glad Irsay sees that, although he won’t say it
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post: | ||
rcubed (11-09-2022) | ||
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
If you think keeping Ryan and Reich would have been a winning move well shit, I guess we just disagree I must have been watching a different Colt team these last few months.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|