ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2022, 11:33 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Agreed. A great LT would be the priority, unless a can't miss QB slips to the Colts. Then maybe, if Ehlinger isn't the answer (and he probably isn't, but he has this season to find out), just try a journeyman type QB if value is out there and who knows what happens. If he sucks, then try for a QB in the next draft.

I remember Tarik Glenn was drafted before Peyton Manning, and that worked out well.
I think the QB has to be found this year if they're tanking. Unfortunately, much like Chromeburn, I don't see a lot I like in the upcoming QB crop. There certainly isn't a Joe Burrow in the group. Then again, Joe Burrow was probably my highest graded QB ever, so not exactly a low bar to hit there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-07-2022, 11:42 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I think the QB has to be found this year if they're tanking. Unfortunately, much like Chromeburn, I don't see a lot I like in the upcoming QB crop. There certainly isn't a Joe Burrow in the group. Then again, Joe Burrow was probably my highest graded QB ever, so not exactly a low bar to hit there.
I would take Hooker. He has the tools for the modern era NFL. Can throw absolute darts but when necessary can burst out of the pocket for productive yards with his feet. Looks similar to Fields- maybe not as quick but perhaps better anticipation, and throws a beautiful deep ball.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2022, 11:47 PM
kitekrazy kitekrazy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 503
Thanks: 79
Thanked 84 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Isn't this like a repeat Irsay did before? Ditch the coach but keep the same GM?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2022, 02:25 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I would take Hooker. He has the tools for the modern era NFL. Can throw absolute darts but when necessary can burst out of the pocket for productive yards with his feet. Looks similar to Fields- maybe not as quick but perhaps better anticipation, and throws a beautiful deep ball.
Hendon Hooker's accuracy is not NFL starter level. Not even close.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2022, 02:45 AM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Hendon Hooker's accuracy is not NFL starter level. Not even close.
Slow processor in a one-read offense. He got destroyed by that defense.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2022, 08:17 AM
Lov2fish's Avatar
Lov2fish Lov2fish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,140
Thanks: 883
Thanked 1,200 Times in 536 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I would take Hooker. He has the tools for the modern era NFL. Can throw absolute darts but when necessary can burst out of the pocket for productive yards with his feet. Looks similar to Fields- maybe not as quick but perhaps better anticipation, and throws a beautiful deep ball.
Hooker is not an NFL starting QB. There are no franchise quarterbacks in this draft, and unless someone emerges next year I don't see anyone who is. Everyone screaming for Arch, but kid has not even played a college down yet. Having the pedigree doesn't make it automatic.

For me, and it is my personal opinion, Levi's is the best coming out for the next draft class. He just has that it factor. Playing at UK he doesn't get the TV time the others do, but that is ok, kid is a top 3-4 pick and worth the gamble.
__________________
Life is hard, its harder if you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2022, 08:54 AM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

I absolutely LOVE Jim for going here:

Jim Irsay on Jeff Saturday: "I'm glad he doesn't have NFL experience."

He said Saturday lacks the fear that forces many of today's coaches to rely on analytics.

Jim could see it- Frank wasn't really coaching, he was caught up in some bizarre web where that fucking laminated sheet dictated to him every next move. It was sickening to watch. We will be a more engaged team, with a more physical line, with Saturday stepping in and likely ditching all the fucking goofy Frank analytics shit.

Pretty obvious the team had turned against all of his mechanics and I expect they will become a more play with feel type of team in coming weeks.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-08-2022), HoosierinFL (11-08-2022), Racehorse (11-08-2022), Spike (11-08-2022), YDFL Commish (11-08-2022)
  #8  
Old 11-08-2022, 10:43 AM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I absolutely LOVE Jim for going here:

Jim Irsay on Jeff Saturday: "I'm glad he doesn't have NFL experience."

He said Saturday lacks the fear that forces many of today's coaches to rely on analytics.

Jim could see it- Frank wasn't really coaching, he was caught up in some bizarre web where that fucking laminated sheet dictated to him every next move. It was sickening to watch. We will be a more engaged team, with a more physical line, with Saturday stepping in and likely ditching all the fucking goofy Frank analytics shit.

Pretty obvious the team had turned against all of his mechanics and I expect they will become a more play with feel type of team in coming weeks.

That was my biggest take from this presser. Irsay and perhaps Ballard were sick and tired of the analytics bullshit.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-08-2022), Racehorse (11-08-2022)
  #9  
Old 11-08-2022, 11:52 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,133
Thanks: 338
Thanked 1,638 Times in 779 Posts
Default

I'm not sure what how successful Saturday will be as HC, but I'm hoping that he'll be able to be totally successful at evaluating the worth of every player on the OL. So we can get rid of the garbage and keep the promising players, regardless of salaries and contractual obligations. It starts there. I do believe we need a franchise QB, but I can't think of any QB who would thrive behind this OL. And to think, almost every talking head rated the OL as the strength of this team just a few years ago.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to albany ed For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (11-08-2022)
  #10  
Old 11-08-2022, 12:41 PM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,138
Thanks: 937
Thanked 1,481 Times in 815 Posts
Default

I am on board with this move now, to me the season is lost and while I dont like seeing the colts lose, I am hoping for the best draft pick we can get now.

I have no idea how saturday will do. Mainly what I am hoping for is he keeps the spirit up so we dont mentally lose players we want back next season.

I dont think he will be a long term solution and I couldn't get a read on what irsay thinks about that. I am hoping they get a progressive offense minded HC that can usher us into a new era of winning.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.