ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 10-26-2022, 07:24 AM
MeSayDayo MeSayDayo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 74 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Looking at this realistically, is there any chance in hell that Frank lasts this season?
Does anyone else think that this move basically forecasts his departure in Indianapolis, staying consistent with Irsay's refusal to fire a coach mid season?
I do.
The more I think about it, and also considering his obvious miscues so far, I think Ballard survives the slaughtering.
I still would take a GM that can consistently hit on mid round picks over most of the rest of the league that typically doesn't. If THAT is your floor as a GM, I will take it. The frugal spending in FA? You can fix that, but I am glad that Ballard hasn't spent big in FA because our team has proven we aren't contenders. Not until we get our QB.
I also think he has learned a big lesson on roster building that I don't expect him to do again with us if he sticks around.
Ultimately, I think Ballard has his core philosophies that he likes to stick to- pay your own guys, build your team through the draft with measurable and character prospects, and focus on the trenches.
If Ballard truly is a guy that rewards based on merit, then in theory he should be a guy that punishes based on merit too- and I think we have seen that with Wentz seeing the door, Ryan seeing the bench, etc.
I wouldn't be shocked at all to see any of our star O-lineman get traded. None of them are playing up to their monetary value.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
albany ed (10-26-2022), ChoppedWood (10-26-2022), Ironshaft (10-28-2022), Oldcolt (10-26-2022), Racehorse (10-26-2022)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.