ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 09-20-2022, 11:11 AM
Ironshaft Ironshaft is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 400
Thanks: 1,302
Thanked 777 Times in 262 Posts
Default

I am going to post a longer piece but my opinion on Ballard is that....I am on the fence.

I appreciate his approach to talent, his steadfast refusal to overpay for it, his salary cap management is masterful and he seems to have a good eye for draft evaluation of certain positions.

However, his approach to left tackle in 2022, his apparent inability to sign or draft effective defensive ends, his ignoring the Cornerback position for young talent while drafting safety every year are all troubling. And finally, his overarching desire to draft physical studs who need time....and time....and time to develop is not really working. We spent a TON of time and effort developing MAC and while is is fine; he is not a superior TE. At all.

I am on the fence about Ballard. If Jim retains him, I will be fine. If Jim fires him, I will be fine.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironshaft For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (09-20-2022), IndyNorm (09-20-2022), omahacolt (09-20-2022), rcubed (09-20-2022)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.